The other day I had a craving for strawberry pie. That day we were running from one soccer game to the next, had errands to run in between, and were only home for a few minutes. It didn’t look like I was going to have time to make an entire strawberry pie. Then, while grabbing a few snacks for the road from the fridge, I saw a can of refrigerated biscuits and a lightbulb went off.
I checked the time and saw we had about 20 minutes before we were off and running again. So I immediately set the oven to preheat and grabbed the can of strawberry pie filling. I sprayed some muffin tins with cooking spray and went to work making Strawberry Pie Biscuits.
I wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out. I was a little worried the biscuits would over take the strawberries and it would be too much bread (really, can there ever be too much bread?). I couldn’t wait for the timer to go off and when it did I was thrilled to see how great they looked!
Since we only had a few minutes I tried them right away and was so pleased with how summery, flavorful, and delicious they were. They really hit the spot and these are now one of our favorite recipes. I look forward to making these for get togethers, family gatherings, holiday parties, and any time I really want strawberry pie but I’m crunched for time.
- 2 (7.5 oz) cans of refrigerated biscuits
- 1 can of strawberry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly coat two muffin tins with cooking spray
- Open the refrigerated biscuits and place one biscuit in each muffin tin flattening and pushing the biscuit up the sides of the tin
- Pour a large spoonful of strawberry pie filling into each biscuit
- Bake for 12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned
If you liked this, you may also enjoy: