I love getting wrapped up in good television shows. It’s my favorite way to end the day. Whether it’s a comedy, drama, or action show I always look forward to curling up on the couch under a cozy blanket (especially during our cold Michigan winters!) and tuning in. I also truly love to travel and to daydream about trips on blustery winter days. That’s why I am happy to share this travel round up from Booking.com. They have picked out the top four accommodations that provide a portal into some of our favorite TV shows.
From the underwater livings of Spongebob Squarepants to Piper Chapman’s life behind bars, the chance to experience the world in which our favorite characters live is every binge watcher’s dream.
Spongebob Squarepants – Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Well, not you… But you could! In addition to spacious and private villas, two remote islands and award-winning spas, the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort also boasts an underwater dining experience.
The resort’s Ithaa restaurant lies five meters below sea-level and offers 180 degree views of underwater life!
Mad Men – The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
The show may be coming to an end this season, but you don’t have to say goodbye to Don Draper and Sterling Cooper just yet.
- Located in the heart of NYC, and a mere steps from Don’s stomping ground, room 435 of The Pierre hotel actual becomes part of the show in season 3, as the new office for Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce – you can literally step into the show!
Orange is the New Black – HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Get the experience without the rap sheet! Piper Chapman may have years left if the slammer, but all you need is one night.
- The HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel is a fully restored jailhouse located in Ottawa, Canada, and gives visitors the option to live the full jailbird experience, with cell-block rooms and common lounges to watch TV.
- The Victorian-style architecture and hard-wood floors add an heir of elegance to this unique spot.
Once Upon a Time – Thornbury Castle
Now that they’re all back together and getting along, it’s only a matter of time before Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen Regina and Rumplestiltskin get back to their home and rightfully owned castles. Thornbury Castle in South West England is a real life fairy tale.
- With 27 bedchambers ordained with four-post and coronet beds, stone walls and tapestries, you’ll really feel like you’re living your favorite childhood story.
- And even better – King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn even laid their heads to rest in Thornbury Castle’s Duke’s Chamber! We definitely prefer Thornbury to Storybrooke.
What about you? Who are your favorite tv characters and where would you like to stay?