I have been in the mood for banana bread for sometime and thought it would be fun to make some to surprise the family with. I went into the kitchen to see what ingredients I had and was a bit dismayed to see my bananas were not overripe. Kora and Logan love bananas so they don’t last long around here. I thought I’d give the bananas a try anyway and, wow, was I glad I did!
This bread was incredibly easy to make and, surprisingly, it is the most flavorful and moist banana bread I have ever made!
I decided to do three different things with this bread. First I used the bananas even though they were’t overripe which I’ve heard is a must for good banana bread. Next instead of flour, I used baking mix. Finally, I added my secret ingredient when baking – Greek yogurt. Funny enough I’m not a fan of Greek yogurt right out the carton but love adding to my breads, cakes, and cupcakes. It makes it so light and fluffy and really helps bring out the flavors.
I did put it in two loaf pans because I thought the baking mix would really make it rise. While it turned out wonderfully and we have two delicious loafs of chocolate chip banana bread, next time I’m going to try it in one pan so the bread rises higher.
This banana bread is going to the top of our family favorites and we all can’t wait to make it again!
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick or other baking mix
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 5.3 oz vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag of milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients, stirring well
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans filling each halfway
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Slice and serve warm with butter