I believe that traveling with family is one of the best ways to make long lasting memories. Not only is it a wonderful opportunity for parents and children to connect but when you are able to travel with grandparents as well the time spent together spans is priceless. We travel often and we are very lucky to have had the chance to take a few multigenerational vacations. These trips have been memorable and so much fun that we are already planning to take another trip next summer.
Thank you to Kalahari for providing a gift basket.
One of our favorite multigenerational vacations was to Seabrook Island in South Carolina. Seabrook Island is about 30 minutes south of Charleston and it’s a beautiful area. We rented a cute house and stayed there with my parents and my sister and her children. It was cozy and fun being able to hang out on the front porch playing cards or lounging in the living room chatting about this or that at the end of the day.
We spent our days at the beach swimming and laughing together.
Not only were my parents and sister and her kids along for this trip, but it was an extended family reunion of sorts and we were able to hang out with cousins, aunts, and uncles from all over the country. It was a large group and we enjoyed being able to see each other again. We made sure gather everyone together to capture the moment.
This trip was so much fun and the kids talk about it all the time. They can’t believe we were able to go on a vacation like this with Grandma and Grandpa and were thrilled to wake up and have them be in the same house, to eat breakfast together, to look for shells together, check out the Crab Dock & the kayakers, and just to spend time together.
As I mentioned above we can’t wait to take another multigenerational vacation again soon. We have been talking about where to go and have started looking at various places that could offer just as much fun and family togetherness.
That’s why we loveKalahari Resorts in Sandusky. We have been there a couple of times and it is one Kora & Logan’s favorite places.
There are many different room options and they are all beautifully laid out and decorated. We stayed in the two room family suite once and it was gorgeous and spacious.
There are also “Hut” and “Desert” style rooms which are larger than the industry standard and are very nice as well. I was impressed to see that Kalahari offers a number of options that would be perfect for multignerational travel.
- Two Room Family Suite – Includes a room with a king-sized bed, and an adjoined with a room furnished with two queen-sized beds. Common space includes a living room, a sofa with a queen-sized sleeper, a fireplace, three televisions, at least 1.5 baths and private patio / deck. Sleeps six comfortably.
- Village Suite – Includes three bedrooms (one king bed room, two queen bed rooms), three bathrooms, living room with a queen sofa sleeper, fireplace, fully equipped kitchen and dining room set, flat screen tv and a fireplace. Can comfortably sleep up to 12 people.
- Nyumba Entertainment Villas – Two story stand alone buildings equipped with five bedrooms, four bathroom, nine flat-screen TVs, a rec room, kitchen, full bar and mini-fridge that can comfortably hold up to 18 people.
Did you know that Kalahari Resorts in Sandusky is America’s largest indoor waterpark? In fact, Conde Nast Traveler just named it The World’s Coolest Indoor Waterpark. It is amazing inside and between the wave pool, the waterslides, the kiddie area, and Flo Rider, and lazy river there is something for everyone.
There is also the largest arcade in Ohio where you can find all kinds of games and fun including bowling, mini-golf, air hockey, skeeball, as well as new and classic video games and more.
We had the chance to experience some of both the indoor and outdoor water areas as well as the Outdoor Safari Adventure Park and were wildly impressed and had so much fun. Kora & Logan are always asking when we can go back and now their common question when we travel is, “Are Grandma & Grandpa coming too?”
Kalahari Resorts in Sandusky would be a fun place for a multigenerational vacation and that’s why I’m excited to share with you this fantastic discount!
Visit the Kalahari Resorts Sandusky site and enter the discount code: MOMS
- $119 per night with 4 Safari Animal Park passes and $20 food and beverage credit in Hut or Desert Room
- Dates offered: September 7-11, 14-15, 21-25, 28-29, October 1-2, 5-9, 12-15
- Additional Dates: September 12 & 13 (Friday) at $149 rate, September 19 & 20 (Sat) $179 rate
This is a fantastic savings and a great reason to plan that multigenerational trip. I know Kalahari Resorts is on our list to experience with Kora & Logan’s grandparents and when we do, it will be all smiles ahead.