Microsoft Band received.
Wow, Christmas is wrapped up and we survived . . . Hopefully you were just as lucky! So as we take that big breath and get ready for the new year, I’m excited to work with Microsoft on this sponsored post and to receive products as a Microsoft Blogger. I wanted to share some ways to help with your New Year’s Resolutions.
Technology plays such a huge aspect in most people’s lives; it offers the ability to help make things easier for you in both long term and short term activities and goals. I am going to share a couple of very popular resolutions and how Microsoft technology can help.
- Just in time for the New Year, Microsoft has launched their first fitness tracker, the Microsoft Band. Combined with the Microsoft Health Platform, these make the perfect tool to help you get and stay healthy. Track heart rate, steps, calories burned, sleep quality and more. You will be provided insights based on the gathered data to help you improve your health daily.
- The Microsoft Band is much more than a traditional fitness tracker, it also allows you to access email previews, calendar alerts and more, right on your wrist.
- At just $199, the Microsoft Band works with all major platforms like iPhones, Android and Windows Phones.
Resolution #2 – Get Organized – this is another one I need help with.
- Do you have a personal assistant? Do you want one? Let me introduce you to Cortana, this is an essential tool which will allow you to bring more productivity to your day.
- Cortana will provide you with planners for the morning and evening and when you’re travelling somewhere new, you are able to be prepared for anything.
- Cortana also is great at reminding you to do things, both by scheduling them with a set time (such as take your vitamins every morning) as well as location based reminders (telling you about your grocery list when you are near the store).
Resolution #3 – Stay Connected – and don’t skip the gym!
- Have you and other family members ever made a commitment to each other to get in shape, but distance and work or family get in the way? Many of you have used Skype to communicate with family, but have you ever thought about using Skype Group Video Calling to hold that prior commitment with family members? You can help each other, do aerobics or another workout activity with those same family members and keep it fun and social on Skype. Try Skype to Skype Video calling which is free, or you can invite more members with Skype Premium.
- For those on the road travelling, did you know that you can travel and keep your same personal trainer? With Skype Video calling on your phone, tablet or laptop, you can work out with your trainer from the convenience of your hotel room, home, or gym. No matter where your travels take you in 2015, you can always sign up with a Virtual Personal Trainer who can easily help you with your workout routine, no matter where your location.
- MSN Health & Fitness – this app has everything you need for a healthier you. With over 1,000 exercise videos, nutritional and medical reference guides, and diet trackers, you will have a better chance at reaching your fitness and wellness goals.
- Bodeefit – Workout timers, daily workouts, workout logs, and movement descriptions allow this Windows app to help you get in great shape, even without access to equipment.
- Juice Recipes – Learn how to make and incorporate high nutrient ingredients into healthy and tasty juices.
- Mint – we can’t forget about financial wellness. Mint will help you get your finances in order on your Windows Phone and Windows. You are able to budget and track financial goals with ease.
With the holidays coming to an end, it’s time to get ready for 2015 and whether they are resolutions or just simple steps for lifelong improvement, Microsoft can help.
What do you plan on doing to improve yourself this New Year?