I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Planet Fitness. I received a membership to Planet Fitness to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation..
Happy 2015! The new year is here and like many others out there Dave and I have made resolutions to work on improving our health & fitness this year. I’ve had the Black Card membership at Planet Fitness for a few weeks and I’m excited to tell you how amazing it’s been as well as about a fantastic membership deal they have going on right now
Dave and I were both very active when we were kids, in high school, throughout and even after college. We were on sports teams – he played football, basketball, and ran track and I played volleyball. We went to the gym regularly for years. Then we became parents and our daily routine changed significantly. Since the kids were born, we both have had spurts where we resolved to be more fit and kept to it. Dave even ran in a 12 mile mud adventure race a few years ago. However in comparison to our fitness levels in our early 20’s, we both have a long ways to go.
That’s why I was excited to start making use of my Planet Fitness membership. With the New Year here it was the perfect time to make a healthy New Year’s Resolution and stick to it. I was thrilled to learn that with the Black Card I could bring a guest every visit, so I immediately knew I’d be bringing Dave along with me.
One of my favorite things about Planet Fitness it that it prides itself on being a “Judgement Free Zone.” I appreciated this especially after being away from gyms and health clubs for so long. Their goal is to make everyone feel comfortable when they walk into the health club. As a result they focus on the needs of first time or occasional gym goers.
I was also interested to learn that Planet Fitness is the fastest growing full size health club franchise in the U.S. and that the company prides itself on the fact that it gives people unbeatable value, top notch facilities, and a non-intimidating atmosphere.
My other favorite features about Planet Fitness include:
- National brand partner with the Biggest Loser for the fourth year in a row
- Brand name cardio and strength equipment
- Unlimited fitness instruction
- Fully equipped locker rooms with day lockers and showers
- Flat screen televisions
- 30 minute express circuits at most gyms
- 12 minute ab circuits at most gyms
- Free pizza on the first Monday of every month
- Free bagels on the second Tuesday of every month
I love the atmosphere at Planet Fitness, everyone is encouraging and helpful. It makes it so much easier going to workout when you don’t have that worry of not knowing how to work the machines. It’s a great health club for getting in and out too. If you have a very tight schedule the 30 minute express circuit and 12 minute ab circuits are brilliant for squeezing in a good workout when you can.
The No Commitment Membership includes:
- Unlimited access to home club
- Unlimited fitness training
The Black Card Membership includes those above as well as a number of extra amenities including:
- Reciprocal use of all Planet Fitness locations
- Unlimited guest privileges at any Planet Fitness locations
- Use of tanning
- Unlimited use of massage chairs
- 1/2 price cooler drinks (restrictions may apply)
- At select clubs: unlimiteed hydromassage, haircuts, unlimited total body enhancement
I love that I am able to bring a guest. It’s been great being able to bring Dave along with me so we can both workout. Also the massage chairs are amazing! You simply write your name down on a list and then hop in the chair when it’s your turn. They are a great way to ease your tired and sore muscles.
I recently learned that Planet Fitness is now recognizing its members and their triumphs, big and small, with its new online community called Planet of Triumphs. Through the community, members are able to share their personal stories and be publicly supported for their accomplishments. Members can join Planet of Triumphs either by creating a profile or signing up with their Facebook or Twitter accounts. What a great way to stay motivated!
As you can see I’m a huge fan of Planet Fitness and have loved my membership so far. I look forward to working toward my resolution of a healthier and more fit 2015 and that’s why I’m excited to share the Planet Fitness Membership Deal below.
- In honor of 2015 New Year’s celebrations, Planet Fitness is launching a national 10-day membership sale at participating locations nationwide, starting on New Year’s Eve!
- Join any Planet Fitness club from December 31, 2014 through January 9, 2015 for just $1 down and $10 a month with no commitment.
To learn more, visit the Planet Fitness Website
What about you? What are your New Year’s Resolutions? Have you been to Planet Fitness? Photo credits: Planet Fitness Facebook Page