As a tech blogger, I’m always excited about new tech, gadgets, sites, and services but it comes with a double-edge sword. It is also a position that makes me very aware of how treacherous it is out there in digital world especially for kids. As a parent it’s important to me to find a way to keep our kids safe online both on the family computer and on their phones. There is so much to learn from the online world, which is amazing for kids, but at the same time it’s crucial to make sure they are searching safely.
This post is sponsored by WebProtectMe.
That’s why I’m excited about the WebProtectMe Safe Browser and Guardian App. They offer a simple and manageable way to keep your kids safe when they search online whether they are using a computer, tablet, or phone.
The WebProtectMe Safe Browser is exactly what it sounds like – a web safe browser and the Guardian App allows you to fine tune the SafeBrowser. It’s also a monitoring app as well.
Some of the things you can do with the Safe Browser and Guardian app include:
- Blocking distracting sites that your kids like to visit when they should be doing their homework – example: is your son a sports fan who enjoys following his favorite teams every minute he gets, even when he should be working on a book report? You can block the sites temporarily until his homework is done
- Blocking sites all together that you don’t want your child accessing
- Blocking social sites
- Getting a report of what sites your child visits, all grouped into easy to read categories so you can monitor what they are doing online without having to dig into each site in depth
- Protecting your family from phishing or questionable sites
- Eliminating pops ups and advertising – two places parents often forget to check or monitor
With Safe Browser you set parameters so you can browse the most popular search engines and sites like Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, Vimeo, and Tumbler all with Safe Search enabled.
It also blocks phishing, malware, key loggers, and hacking.
With the paid version you can also:
- Set a list of specific sites your kids can visit
- Set protections based on user – this allows you to set different settings for kids of different ages
- View advanced monitoring features that alert you when your child has visited a site that you would want to know about
- View a full browsing report of your child’s online behavior or glance through, looking for anything that stands out
The online world truly has so much value for kids. It offers answers to questions that kids are always asking (how far is it to the moon? what is the world’s longest word?) in just a few clicks, it’s a great resource when they don’t fully understand something at school (a tough math problem, or a difficult science project), it gives them a look at places around the world that they may never have access to otherwise.
At the same time, it can also be a treacherous place and as parents we have to be diligent about what are kids are exposed to online. Thankfully the WebProtectMe Safe Browser and Guardian App are here to help make sure our kids only experience the good side of the internet.
Don’t forget the Safe Browser is free and the Guardian App offers one month free – so there’s no risk to giving them a try. And when you discover the great peace of mind they offer you can use this discount code to sign up and save!
40% Off using the coupon code: 2wired2tired
Start using the WebProtectMe Safe Browser and the Guardian app today & keep your kids safe.