That’s why I am excited about CUBElets Twelve Kit, I knew they would be thrilled. CUBElets from Modular Robotics are magnetic robot blocks that combine to build all kinds of thought provoking robots.
- Battery – powers all of the other blocks
- Drive – has wheels that allow the robots to move around on flat surfaces
- Flashlight – a beam of light shines brightly from this Cubelet when it’s powered
- Rotate – the face rotates
- Distance – can sense how far away it is from things
- Brightness – can sense how bright it is and your robot moves towards or away from the light depending how you set it up
- Bluetooth – allows you to link the Cubelets to various apps to control, reprogram them, etc.
- Brick Adapters – snap on the Brick Adaptors and kids can snap on Lego bricks to build even more creative and fun robots
- …and more.
How fun is that? The Cubelets Twelve Kit comes with helpful cards that tell you what each of the blocks do as well as an instruction book to get kids on their way. There are a few robot examples in the instruction book to build, but after that it’s left up to imagination.
Some of the things I love about Cubelets include:
- They are a great intro for learning robotics
- There are no wires and no wrong way to build, just snap them together and watch what happens
- They encourage imagination, creativity, and curiosity
I was excited to learn that you can find CUBElets in nearly 1000 classrooms across the US and Canada teaching everything from robotics, coding, design thinking, engineering, life science, math, and even literacy.
I high recommend CUBElets to anyone looking for a great gift idea for kids this holiday season. They are a wonderful way to introduce kids to tech, gadgets, and robotics all while encouraging curiosity, imagination, and fun!