Growing up, family gatherings always meant great times with relatives and good food. One of my favorite dishes has always been Cool Creamy Peach Jell-O. It’s a dish that only takes minutes to make, but holds many memories for me from childhood.
While this Cool Creamy Peach Jell-O recipe is fantastic as a dessert, it also passes as a side dish too. We always serve alongside the rest of our meal instead of after it. And many of my relatives enjoy it as a side, but I always save the best for last and prefer it as a dessert. And I like that it’s such a simple dish that it’s also perfect for an after school snack.
The recipe has been passed down and around throughout the family and it’s so delicious that no one has altered it throughout the years. It’s always such a big hit there’s never any leftovers. I’m excited to share the recipe with you and hope you enjoy it as much as our family has!
Cool Creamy Peach Jell-O Recipe
- 1 box (3 oz) Peach Jell-O
- 1 cup COOL WHIP whipped topping
- 1 can sliced or diced peaches
- Heat 1 cup water until boiling.
- Drain peaches and save the juice.
- Add cold water to the peach juice until liquid reaches 1/2 cup
- Pour dry Jell-O into a serving bowl
- Add boiling water to the Jell-O & stir until it dissolves
- Add peach juice/water combination and stir
- Add COOL WHIP and stir until well mixed
- Add peaches
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Serve cool and enjoy!