How important are your keys? What would you do if you lost them? For the last week I have been testing out and reviewing a new product that helps ensure your keys and other valuables are never lost. Chipolo is a Bluetooth tracker that is miles ahead of its competition and as I had an opportunity to play around with this silver dollar sized device I learned that it is pretty powerful too.
Look at my keys . . . I have had people ask me if I am a janitor with all these keys, so when I attached the Chipolo to my keys, I was inspired to do some early spring cleaning as well. I have no idea why I have some of them on my keychain still, I had our old front door key, a key to our old car, a key to our old storage unit and a key to an old post office box. I wouldn’t be too upset or concerned if I lost those, but I would be very concerned if I lost my car key and house key.
Enter Chipolo – a Bluetooth tracker that keeps it simple with phrases like, “Tag it. Find it.” and “Nothing is lost.”
Now when Bluetooth trackers first came out, the obvious concern a lot of people have is “well, it’s Bluetooth, what happens if you are not in range? How can you find it then?” This is a major concern and also what I think is the most impressive feature of Chipolo. If you are out of range, then you are able to expand your search by using all of the Chipolo apps in the huge Chipolo community. Now you aren’t just searching with your phone, but everyone’s device running the app in the Chipolo network. This feature is 100% private, so no one else knows you lost something, or what you are looking for, and it is a great solution for the somewhat limited Bluetooth range issue.
Phone and keys – these are the 2 things I find myself looking for most frequently. Well Chipolo has you covered for both of these, with only one Chipolo. Attach the Chipolo to your keys and if you lose your phone, simply shake your Chipolo and your phone will ring, even on silent mode! It gets even better, if you have the app installed on your phone, you can use any other device to look up where your phone is, even if you don’t have a Chipolo . . . yet!
These are the 2 most impressive features, but this Bluetooth tracker doesn’t stop there, check out everything else it can do.
– Receive a notification on your device when your Chipolo is left behind.
– Battery lasts for 8-10 months and is replaceable, unlike other trackers on the market.
– Track the same Chipolo from multiple devices – think about this for the work environment. Is someone always borrowing the projector? Now multiple people have the ability to keep track of it.
– The Chipolo can act as a shutter control for your phone’s camera – just shake the Chipolo and think of all the selfies you can take!
– Ring the items you lost – simply use the app to find your Chipolo and your Chipolo will make a loud beeping sound so you can find it.
– Chipolo comes in a variety of colors, so not only is it simple and easy, but you can consider it stylish too!
There are so many ways you can use the Chipolo to help you out at home, on the road travelling for work or family vacations. The ease of mind provided by knowing your most important items are accounted for is priceless.
There are tons of uses and at an affordable price of under $30 per unit (price lowers as you buy multiple) there is no reason not to get a couple of keep your possessions safe and secure.
I am trying to figure out a way to attach our Chipolos to our kids, where will you use yours?