Thank you to BrainChase and TheMotherhood for sponsoring this post. The honest opinions are our own.
I’ve been pouring over summer camp brochures for Kora & Logan for weeks now. We moved not too long ago and we are astounded by all the kids activities offered in this area. Our kids love to play sports so we will be signing them up for a couple of sports camps but one thing I really want to concentrate on is academics.
As a mom I’ve learned a lot in recent years about the dreaded “Summer Slide” or “Summer Brain Drain.” Kids lose so much over the summer that it’s important to me to keep them learning so they don’t struggle when they get back to school. I’m also always looking for ways to keep the learning fun. I find that if Kora & Logan aren’t enjoying what they are doing, they probably won’t remember it. That’s why I’m excited to work with The Motherhood and Brain Chase on this sponsored post and to receive a registration.
Brain Chase, a 5 week online learning challenge for children from early readers through 8th graders where the winner gets the chance to dig up an actual treasure – a $10,000 college scholarship!
WHAT IS BRAIN CHASE?
- A massive global treasure hunt for a $10,000 college scholarship powered by reading, writing, and math
- A learning adventure to prevent summer brain drain
- 5 weeks of structured challenges in reading, writing, and math
HOW DOES BRAIN CHASE WORK?
- Starting June 22, 2015 kids do online work through the Brain Chase curriculum partners like Khan Academy and myON for five weeks
- The academics are customized for each child: Khan Academy does a pre-test to help students begin in the right place. The myOn reading platform allows kids can choose their own books, it even gives beginning readers the option of having the books read to them
- When kids complete the work they unlock animated webisodes that are loaded with hidden puzzles and clues and feature kid archaeologists who are hunting for buried treasure
- The treasure is real and it’s a golden trophy containing a key to a safety deposit box which holds a $10,000 college scholarship!
- The first student who uses the animated clues to identify the treasures location within a 2 mile radius, gets to dig it up!
- Kids get to drop a pin on a virtual map every 24 hours with their guess to the location of the treasure
Here is a video of how the winners figured out where the treasure was buried last year – this is fascinating!
And here they are digging up that treasure!
To give you a more in-depth look here is an overview video of the program:
And here’s the animated trailer for the 2015 Brain Chase Challenge:
How amazing is all this?! I am really excited about it and can’t wait for the challenge to start. Kora & Logan are going to love this and it will be fun to see their excitement to get their work done over the summer as well as to see them work to solve the challenges and find the hidden treasure.
I attended a webinar to learn more about Brain Chase and was interested to learn that:
- A 2011 RAND study found that by the end of summer, students perform, on average one to two months behind where they left off in the spring
- 94% of parents agreed that Brain Chase helped their children stay sharp over the summer
- Online learning allows students to control their own pace, pathway, and timing. If traveling over the summer children can still stay connected and continue to learn
The Brain Chase program right-sizes to the children’s needs so children with severe learning disabilities can participate as well. The program doesn’t prescribe content at the level they think they should be at, it lets them choose. The bonus challenges and the treasure hunt are the same for everyone but the reading, writing and math can be customized.
Last summer there was there were 500 participants. There is a limited number who can participate so be sure to sign your children up right away so they can have their chance at finding the buried treasure of a$10,000 college scholarship!
The regular price for Brain Chase registration is $199. There is a multiple child discount available on the website.
Sign up before April 15th for an Early Bird Discount of $149 ($50 savings).
2 Wired 2 Tired readers receive an additional 15% for a total price of $129. To receive the discount use the code: 2WIRED15
One reader of 2 Wired 2 Tired will win one Brain Chase Child Registration – $199 Value!
Brain Chase has confirmed that the winner of the $10,000 scholarship can be a child who was registered using the above discount code or the winner of this giveaway. So exciting!!
To enter use the Gleam widget below:
Good luck! I can’t wait to see how much fun all the kids will have with this!
If your child wins the scholarship please come on back and leave us a comment below so we can congratulate you!