To say our life has been hectic these last couple of months is an understatement. Every year the craziness starts at Thanksgiving. Only a couple of days after stuffing ourselves full of turkey and cranberries, it’s Kora’s birthday. Then it’s Christmas and once we’re into January, it’s Logan’s birthday. Since the kids don’t mind celebrating their birthdays together we have a combo-birthday party for them – one for family in Ohio and one for family in Michigan. For Kora’s 2nd birthday and Logan’s first we actually had four parties. Now that was a crazy year!
All of this party and holiday planning, while it’s fun, is exhausting. It’s this time of year that I start dreaming about getting away from it all and just relaxing. In the past I’ve written about how one of my favorite online pastimes is to read trip reviews and look at other people’s vacation photos. I love hearing the details, looking at pictures, dreaming about trips we may take one day!
So I thought I would share the vacations I’m currently dreaming about. If you’ve been to any of these please leave a comment and let me know about your trip and if you have a link to photos you can share, even better!
5 Vacations I’m Dreaming About Right Now
1. Disney Social Media Moms Conference in Orlando – I’m really excited that we get the chance to attend this conference. It will be an amazing time connecting with other bloggers and learning ins and outs of blogging. We also get to spend time in Disney World with our families and we’ve decided to extend our stay as well. On top of that, my mother-in-law and my parents are joining the fun too!. The last time we went to Disney World, Kora was 3 and Logan was 2 and really the only thing they remember is the hotel pool! So I’m really excited for them to visit again now that they are older and think everyone will have an incredible time.
2. BlogHer Conference in San Diego – This is another conference I’d love to attend. If you can believe it, I’ve never been to BlogHer and I hear it’s a motivating, inspiring, and fun place to be. I’m working out the details now to see if it just might be possible and am really hoping to get a sponsorship to cover some of the conference expenses. I’d also love to make it a vacation for Tired Dad Dave and I. San Diego is quite possibly my favorite place ever! It’s where we spent our honeymoon. So to go back again this summer just after our 8th anniversary (July 26th!) would be perfect!
3. Disney Dream Cruise – Have you heard about Disney’s new cruise ship, Dream? It looks amazing!!! I want to take Kora and Logan on this cruise so badly. With almost an entire deck dedicated to children I know they would have a blast. There’s also a waterslide, a kids club, pool parties, pj parties, and shows all for kids. There’s fun for mom and dad too with wine tastings, cooking classes, a spa, and more. Even if you aren’t a big Disney fanatic, the technology on this cruise is incredible. Magic portholes in staterooms, interactive flooring in the kids club, enchanted artwork throughout the ship and more just sound so fun! The Disney Dream Cruise is definitely a family vacation that will create lifelong memories for all of us!
4. Beaver Creek Resort in Beaver Creek, CO – I can’t say that I’m a huge fan of skiing or even snow, but family ski trip does look really fun and memorable. My parents vacationed not too long ago at Beaver Creek Resort and their photos and description of the resort were phenomenal! It’s definitely a place where I would be happy to cozy up to the fire with a big cup of hot chocolate while everyone else was out skiing. The resort tagline is “Not exactly roughing it” and SKI Magazine called it “The consummate kid-friendly resort” so this place is at definitely at the top of our list for a ski trip.
5. Anywhere with a Beach and Sun! – Truthfully, I’m so over winter in Cleveland. The sad part is I know that it will snow and barely reach above freezing for another 2 months at least. If I was offered the chance to drop everything right now to vacation anywhere I wanted, it would have to be somewhere with lots of beautiful beaches, bright blue skies, and sunshine. I’ve only been to the Caribbean once and while there we had gray, rainy weather, but I’d be willing to give it a try again. The other part of our honeymoon was spent in Las Vegas and it is Tired Dad Dave’s favorite vacation spot. I hear that it’s almost 70 and sunny there today – that sounds perfect! I’ve also always wanted to go to Hawaii, where I just read the average temperature doesn’t vary more than 9 degrees on either side of 80. I can hear the grass skirts and conch shells calling now. Blissful!