This time of year always makes me want to get in the kitchen and try new recipes. The kids are in school and it’s so fun to surprise them with sweet treats when they get home. That’s why I was excited when my cousin brought the most delicious brownies ever to a end of summer party recently. As soon as we tried them, I knew we had to make these at home for the kids.
The recipe is very simple, but big on flavor – which is how I like all my recipes! We were amazed at how they kept their chocolate-y gooiness for a couple of days after.
We all enjoyed these brownies so much that I can’t wait to make them again soon. In fact they went so fast that we are all ready for another batch! They would be great for birthday parties, back-to-school events, potlucks, holiday cookie swaps (you could use red & green M & Ms), and deliciously indulgent after school treats.
So thanks to my cousin for introducing us to these and we hope you like them as much as we do!
Gooey 3 Layer Brownies with Cookie Dough, Oreos, and M & Ms
- 1 tub (36 oz) Nestle Tollhouse Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 15 Oreos
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 25 M & Ms
- Place cookie dough tub on the counter with lid off to soften for 10-15 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a 13 X 9 inch pan with cooking spray
- Follow the directions on the box for the brownie mix, leave in bowl
- Once cookie dough is softened, spoon it into the pan lightly pressing it down
- Place the Oreos on top of the cookie dough and press them down lightly
- Pour the brownie mix over top of the Oreos and cookie dough
- Shake pan gently to remove bubbles and layer brownie mix evenly
- Bake for 15 min and remove from oven and scatter M & Ms on top
- Return pan to oven and bake another 10 min
- Eat and enjoy!
Tip: When you cut the brownies if they appear very runny, reheat the oven and bake for another 4-5 min. These brownies with solidify a bit more after they are out of the oven away from the heat, but even so they will remain gooey and delicious for quite awhile
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: