One of Kora and Logan’s favorite meals is a grilled cheese sandwich. While they generally prefer just plain cheese, I like to fancy it up a bit every now and then. Thanks to Velveeta and Rotel for sponsoring post and providing inspiration, as always the honest opinions are my own. Recently I made a really wonderful grilled cheese that I’m excited to share.
I used Velveeta and Rotel and the sandwich was amazing!
It was crispy, cheesy, flavorful, and with just the right amount of zest. I look forward to adding this simple sandwich to our list of family favorites. Here’s a quick video that Kora took of me preparing the sandwich.
Not only is easy to make, but the ingredients are simple enough that it’s a snap to grab all 4 at the grocery store too. This is great because I’m not much of a grocery store planner. I will make a list of essentials and then pick up whatever inspires me when I peruse the aisles. Does anyone else do this too?
That’s enough about shopping, let’s start cooking! On to the recipe we go!
Zesty Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices thick Italian bread
- 2 slices VELVEETA®
- 2 tbsp RO*TEL®
- 3-4 slices buffalo chicken lunchmeat (or any flavor of your preference, oven roasted turkey is delicious too)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat skillet on stove at Medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread on skillet butter side down.
- Add turkey, VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®. Top with other slice of bread.
- Heat until bread turns golden on one side and then flip. Once the second side is golden brown remove from skillet, serve warm and enjoy!