One of Kora and Logan’s favorite meals is a grilled cheese sandwich. While they generally prefer just plain cheese, I like to fancy it up a bit every now and then.
Recently I made a really wonderful grilled cheese that I’m very excited to share. I topped thick Italian bread withVELVEETA® and Ro*Tel®. I also added buffalo chicken for a little extra kick.
It was crispy, cheesy, flavorful, and with just the right amount of zest. I look forward to adding this simple sandwich to our list of family favorites. Here’s a quick video that Kora took of me preparing the sandwich.
Not only is easy to make, but the ingredients are simple enough that it’s a snap to grab all 4 at the grocery store too. This is great because I’m not much of a grocery store planner. I will make a list of essentials and then pick up whatever inspires me when I peruse the aisles. Does anyone else do this too?
That’s enough about shopping, let’s start cooking! On to the recipe we go!
Zesty Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices thick Italian bread
- 2 slices VELVEETA®
- 2 tbsp RO*TEL®
- 3-4 slices buffalo chicken lunchmeat (or any flavor of your preference, oven roasted turkey is delicious too)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat skillet on stove at Medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread on skillet butter side down.
- Add turkey, VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®. Top with other slice of bread.
- Heat until bread turns golden on one side and then flip. Once the second side is golden brown remove from skillet, serve warm and enjoy!
Don’t forget about the VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® Weeknight Wow Sweepstakes taking place right now. $1000 is given away each week and one person will win the grand prize of $15,000!
Here’s more info:
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.