Valentine’s Day is approaching and we love celebrating this time of year with chocolate and lots of it. I like finding creative ways to put it in as many dessert and snack recipes as I can. We all love cookies and M&M’s in this family so I thought it would be fun to see if I could combine the two into a delicious Valentine’s Day treat.
I decided to use the same recipe I did for the Peanut Butter Chocolate Hearts Cookies we enjoyed so much recently. This time however when I pushed my thumb into the cookie ball, I made sure to create a bit of a deeper well in the cookie. I thought it would be important so the M&M’s wouldn’t roll all over the place.
Truthfully I wasn’t quite sure how these were going to turn out. I thought there was a chance that when we went to grab a cookie we’d end up with M&M’s everywhere but on the cookie. Thankfully because I put the M&M’s on when the cookies came out of the oven they actually melted just enough to stick to the cookie without taking anything away from their festive appearance.
The cookies turned out wonderfully and we’ve all been enjoying them immensely. They won’t last long around here and that has me excited to make another batch before Valentine’s Day arrives. The only thing I’d do differently next time is roll the cookies in granulated sugar before popping them into the oven. It would give them a nice sparkle and add some great flavor as well. Enjoy!
What about you? What is your favorite Valentine’s Day recipe?
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bag of Plain Valentine’s M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and white sugar, mix until smooth.
- Beat in egg. Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- In a separate large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour peanut butter mix into dry ingredients. Mix until blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet. Press thumb into center to flatten.
- Bake 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place M&M’s into middle of each cookie. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet to cool.