This is a sponsored post and it contains affiliate links to products we love. The opinions are my own.
Valentine’s Day is only a couple of weeks away. Don’t tell Tired Dad Dave, but I have no idea what to get him. We don’t usually get anything for each other for Valentine’s Day, but this year I thought I’d surprise him (hopefully he’s not reading this!). I’ve been scouring the internet for unique and fun Valentine’s Day Gifts for Men and these exciting adventure options will be sure to surprise him!
1. Adventure Gifts – Most guys enjoy adventure and excitement so if you have the money and really want something outside the box, type “adventure gifts” into your favorite search engine and see what pops up. You’ll find all kinds of companies that offer everything from jet boat rides, race car driving lessons, sky diving, bungee jumping, and hot air balloon rides.
2. Massage Gift Certificates – Nowadays, everyone loves a good massage. With salons & spas practically on every corner offering an hour of blissful relaxation, men are getting massages almost as much as women. A massage is such a wonderful break from every day life and an escape from our hectic and stressful schedules, who wouldn’t enjoy it? I know my husband loves massages and as soon as it’s in the budget, I’ll be purchasing massage gift certificates for him every holiday.
3. Magazine Subscriptions – One of the easiest ways to give your guy something you know he’ll love is with a subscription to his favorite magazine. If he likes sports and the outdoors there’s Sports Illustrated, Backpacker, Golf Digest, and more. If he enjoys working out there’s Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and others. He likes fashion? Check out subscriptions for GQ and Esquire. If he’s into tech and science, there’s Popular Mechanics and Popular Science. Good news too! Check out Amazon’s selection of magazines subscriptions, there is a wide variety to choose from, they make great gifts, and are listed at amazing prices as well.
4. Uncommon Goods – One of my favorite sites for unique gifts is uncommongoods.com. The reason I love the site is not only are the gifts so different than other online stores, but most of them are great conversation starters. Just some of their gifts for guys include: picture frames made from basketball court flooring, game used home base bar stools, a custom clock made from a favorite record, dart wall hooks, and much more.
5. Go Old School and Make Him a Mix/Playlist – Remember back in the good old days of mix tapes? I’ve always thought that they were some of the most meaningful gifts someone could get. And they were a lot of work back then! Not only did the person making the tape have to create a playlist of songs, but all the stopping and starting to get the songs to play smoothly took a lot of time. These days playlists can be made in a matter of minutes but are still just as thoughtful. Handpicking each song and placing it appropriately in the playlist takes time. The good news is, even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend, playlists are still heartfelt, meaningful, and even sometimes funny and lots of fun! Amazon Music offers streaming options as well as MP3 downloads and more. Take a few minutes to make a playlist for your guy and every time he hear’s the songs he’ll be thinking of you.
Hopefully this list gave you some great ideas. I’m still not certain what I’m going to get Dave, but since we are on a tight budget I just may go with #5 and and make a fun mix/playlist of popular songs from our college years. Whatever you decide to get for your guy, I hope the perfect gift is easy to find and affordable. Happy Shopping!