This post is sponsored. The honest opinions are my own.
I’ve had many jobs in my lifetime. Kora asked me once how many jobs I had and I told her about 25. She laughed and didn’t think I was serious. It’s true though, I had a lot! Here’s a list of the ones I can remember:
- Newspaper route
- Co-op job in high school as school store cashier
- Co-op job in high school as an Admin Assistant at a manufacturing company
- Outdoor day camp leader for elementary school children
- Secretary, cashier, receptionist, cleaning crew in a motorcycle shop
- Travel volleyball coach
- Retail at mall store
- Waitress at mall restaurant
- Retail at video store
- Hostess at restaurant (lasted one week – I give you hostesses out there a lot of credit!)
- File clerk in OB/GYN office
- Human Resources & Accounting at a bank
- University alumni fundraising call center
- Retail at department store in Cleveland
- Waitress at chain restaurant
- Waitress at a downtown Cleveland restaurant
- Administrative Assistant at a manufacturing company
- Kelly Temp – various administrative jobs
- High School JV volleyball coach
- Retail at small health food store
- Retail at chain health & supplements store
- Grad Assistant Volleyball Coach for an Ohio university
- Kelly Temp (again)
- Administrative Assistant at a Dermatology Association
- Assistant Volleyball Coach at an Ohio community college
- Mortgage loan officer
- Head Volleyball Coach at an Ohio community college
- Admin Assistant & Receptionist at Law Firm
That’s 29 jobs and I’m sure there are a few in there I missed!
Part of the reason I had so many jobs was because I was trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. The other part is because I moved around a lot in my college years.
Nevertheless, having all those jobs has given me great world experience and also has made me realize how many people out there have important, but unrecognized jobs. Many of the jobs I did were unappreciated and unrecognized but were important.
That’s why I was excited to learn about the Kronos 1 In One Hundred Million site. It is a site that is devoted to sharing the personal stories of people who do the important and often unrecognized jobs upon which we all rely.
Kronos has always focused on the work that people do, from the very first day. That’s why they are proud to celebrate these special individuals who reflect the character, the commitment, and the passion of today’s workforce.
Kronos has tens of thousands of customers worldwide and is the leader in workforce management solutions. They help clients manage time and attendance records, worker schedules, HR and payroll, hiring, and more.
On the 1 In One Hundred Million site you’ll find an inspiring video series which profiles ordinary people in the workforce telling their stories. Each month, Kronos will release a new video focusing on one occupation.
The videos are fascinating. I especially liked the most recent – Episode 13 Game Tester/Pinball Professional.
It’s fascinating, and I admit, a profession I had never thought about.
I found the videos very informative and enlightening. It’s amazing how many different jobs there are out there and it’s wonderful that Kronos is taking the time to recognize them.
Here’s a look at the past episodes:
- Ep: 1 – Firefighter
- Ep: 2 – Trauma Nurse
- Ep: 3 – Produce Manager at grocery store
- Ep: 4 – Union Electrician
- Ep: 5 – Hotel Front Desk Agent
- Ep: 6 – Restaurant Server
- Ep: 7 – Teacher
- Ep: 8 – Baseball Bat Maker, was MLB pitcher
- Ep: 9 – Major in National Guard, works security for major events
- Ep: 10 – Justina Pratt: Safe Start Swimming Instructor at the YMCA, Lake Nona, FL
- Ep: 11 – Royce / Alligator Wrangler
- Ep: 12 – Shannon NeSmith / Truck Driver
- Ep: 13 – Zach Feary Stern Pinball, Chicago
Check out 1 In One Hundred Million to watch the videos and be sure to tune in for a new video each month.