I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments on 2 Wired 2 Tired are my own.
Earth Day is today and it’s the perfect time to think about product packaging. I was interested to learn recently that 80% of Hormel Foods’ product packaging by weight is recyclable and/or made from recycled materials.
I also think it’s great that as part of its commitment to be 100% natural inside and out, Hormel Natural Choice deli meats now has recyclable packaging. They are the only national brand that uses 100% recycled packaging.
I decided to give the Hormel Natural Choice Turkey a try in a delicious Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Sandwich. It’s a wonderful sandwich that is perfect this time of year because it’s a light, fresh, and flavorful spring recipe. The turkey is delicious and the avocado and mayo is a wonderful combination that I’m excited to try on other sandwiches!
Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Sandwich
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices of Hormel Natural Choice Turkey
- 4 slices of Hormel Natural Choice Bacon – cooked until crisp
- 1/2 avocado peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 slice ripe tomato
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- Spread mayonnaise on to one side of both slices of toasted bread. Top one slice with turkey, bacon, sliced avocado, cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
- Top with second slice of toasted bread. Eat and enjoy!