This post is brought to you in partnership with Disney Hyperion. They sent me this title and are providing a prize pack for one winner. The honest opinions are our own.
We have a huge Rick Riordan fan in our lives. Our niece has loved his books since the first Percy Jackson book came out. Every time a new book is released she is on pins and needles waiting for it to hit store shelves. That’s why I knew she would be excited to learn that The Hidden Oracle, the first book in Rick Riordan’s new series, is now out in stores.
I was interested to learn that Rick Riordan, dubbed “Storyteller of the Gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of three #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, based on Greek mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and the Heroes of Olympus, based on Greek and Roman mythology.
Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. The first book in his Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy based on Norse mythology, The Sword of Summer, also debuted at #1 on the New York Times list.
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
Doesn’t that sound so good? I love that he brought Camp Half-Blood into the story as well. I know as soon as our niece gets a copy of this book in her hands her parents won’t see her again until she finishes it. Good thing she’s a quick reader!
And here’s a look at the book trailer:
I was fascinated to learn that The Hidden Oracle is being released with five retail-specific editions that all hit shelves on May 3rd. Each edition includes a unique insert that you can get exclusively from that retailer.
- Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition – includes a Camp Half-Blood letter from Apollo to Zeus!
- Target Exclusive Edition – includes an illustrated map of Apollo’s Trials at Camp Half-Blood
- Books-a-Million Exclusive Edition – includes an Apollo Bumper Sticker (“I’d Rather be Driving My Sun Chariot”)
- Walmart Exclusive Edition – includes a 2-sided bookmark with character art of Apollo and his mortal counterpart, Lester.
- Costco Exclusive Edition- includes an illustrated poster depicting the “Plague of Secrets” scene from The Hidden Oracle
To learn more:
- Visit ReadRiordan.com
- Follow Disney on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow Rick on Twitter and Instagram
- ‘Like’ Percy Jackson on Facebook
- On social media follow the hashtag #TrialsofApollo
One reader of 2 Wired 2 Tired will win a Hidden Oracle Prize Pack!
The Prize Pack includes:
- The Hidden Oracle (one of the exclusive editions with a surprise insert);
- $25 Visa gift card
Giveaway open to US addresses only.
Prizing and samples provided by Disney-Hyperion.
To enter use the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: