As a mom, I want to do everything I can to keep my kids safe and in this digital day and age it can be tough. As a tech blogger I read stories every day about how troubling the online world can be for children.
These stories have made Dave and I very diligent about what Kora & Logan are allowed to access online – they are limited to apps that we have preapproved, a few websites they use for homework, as well as video chatting or texting with grandparents and cousins. Since they are still so young, we don’t even allow them to search online unsupervised.
This post is sponsored by Torch.
I do think that the online world has so much to offer and kids are so inquisitive that if used properly it could they could learn so much. I know many parents feel the same way and we all agree that it’s just so difficult to monitor it all – all the time.
That’s why I’m excited about Torch – a smart router that offers parents digital peace of mind.
The Torch router is very simple to use, you don’t have to be techy to figure it out. In fact, you can manage the settings right from the mobile app.
One of my favorite features is that you can block content you don’t want your children to see. In fact, once parents set up Torch and customize the content, it allows kids to safely browse the internet.
Some of the other features include:
- Pausing The Internet – with just two clicks from your phone you can pause the internet, this is great if your child needs a break, during family dinner, etc.; this feature is profile specific so parents can still use their devices
- Bedtime – you can set a bedtime where your child won’t be able to access the internet any longer after a certain time
- Comprehensive Web History – you can view your child’s browsing history and your child won’t be able to erase the history or use incognito mode
- Data Usage – you can see how much data is being used by each child and their top sites are categorized in a simple way
- Estimated Screen Time – time can fly when you are online, the same goes for your child, that’s why you can also view their screen time
Torch is also building an online community that encourages discussion about Internet safety and related issues so parents and children can better understand these topics and why rules are in place.
With content filtering, time keeping, and reporting, as well as being easy to use and set up, the Torch router allows you to eliminate the need to hover over your children while they are online. It will allow your children to play and explore in a safe space and in the end give you peace of mind.
Sign up on the Torch website to receive more information (product releases etc.).