Dave and I recently went to Myrtle Beach and had a fantastic trip. We went in the month of January, which is a fantastic time to get away from all the cold and snow here in Michigan. Visit Myrtle Beach provided flights, accommodations and a gift card and when working with them to set up the trip, we wondered where to stay in Myrtle Beach. When our resort was revealed, we couldn’t have been happier.
We stayed at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes.
- It was spacious enough for the two of us
- The decor was relaxing and the bathroom had a very modern and updated feel
- There room for a nice desk and a very comfortable chair
- The mini-fridge wasn’t stocked full so we were able to bring our leftovers back with us and keep them cold
- There were outlets everywhere, including in the lamp bases, in the tops of the nightstands, etc. It made it easy to get all of our devices plugged in and charged up whenever we needed to
- We were able to open a sliding glass door to let some of the fresh ocean air in and peek outside whenever we wished
- The sunsets were spectacular!
Our room did not have a full balcony, but as mentioned above it did have a sliding glass door that we could open. We couldn’t step out as there was a railing right up against the exterior wall, but we were thrilled that we were able to open the door. Being able to smell the ocean air or feel the sun on our faces added immensely to the relaxing vacation feel of our trip.
The Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at the Grand Dunes has a gorgeous pool area. There are multiple pools outside (and one inside as well!) and a whirlpool too. There’s even a waterslide for the kids!
There is also a wooden walkway that leads out to the beach. Once you walk out of the hotel, you are just footsteps to the ocean!
We stuck our toes in the ocean.
- Hibiscus Spa – a full service spa with massages, facials, and more
- Oceans on 82nd – a fine dining restaurant with a beautiful ocean view
- The Bar – a relaxed bar perfect for pre-dinner cocktails or a nightcap
- Ocean Blu – open seasonally, this is the perfect place to dine al fresco for lunch or dinner poolside
- The Cove – open seasonally, American dining in a laid back restaurant, offers to go options as well
- Fitness Center – state of the art equipment with multiple machines
We also enjoyed that the resort had a number of dining options nearby. Check out my post 3 Days in Myrtle Beach: What To Do, See, Eat, & Enjoy to read about some of our delicious meals as well as other attractions we visited on our trip.
We loved our stay at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes and recommend it to anyone wondering where to stay in Myrtle Beach. We were happy that the resort offers many wonderful amenities, is right on the beach, has sliding glass doors or balconies in the rooms, the prime view & place for sunsets & shelling, & the gorgeous pool area complete with lots of peaceful palm trees & relaxing hammocks!
To learn more:
- Visit the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes website
- Follow the resort on Twitter
- Like them on Facebook
- Check out VisitMyrtleBeach.com for more Myrtle Beach inspiration
- Read our 3 Day Itinerary here: 3 Days In Myrtle Beach: What To Do, See, Eat, & Enjoy