Thank you to Betty Crocker for providing products and sponsoring this post. The honest opinions are my own.
As a busy mom, I’m often on the lookout for quick and easy dinners that are flavorful and filling. I love one pot meals. They always make for easy preparation, cooking, and clean-up is a breeze. I also enjoy using Betty Crocker’s boxed potatoes. I usually use them as a side dish, but decided recently to try to find a one pot recipe using the potatoes that would also be a main dish.
I found a recipe on the Betty Crocker website for Skillet Ham & Vegetables Au Gratin and since I had a box of Betty Crocker Casserole Au Gratin on hand, it sounded perfect.
The recipe was really easy and I adapted it a bit. Instead of ham I used diced rotisserie chicken (which I also love to cook with), and since I didn’t have a large onion, I used dried minced onion. After combining all of the ingredients in the skillet, I was able to cover it and let it simmer for 10 minutes. I came back to stir occasionally, but in between I was able to set the table and hang out with Kora and Logan while it cooked. I love these kinds of meals!
The dish turned out amazing! Kora & Logan said it reminded them of macaroni and cheese, but with potatoes, so they were thrilled. We all enjoyed the recipe so much that there were no leftovers and we added it to our list of favorites. I’m happy to share the recipe below and hope you find it as delicious and easy and we did!
Check out the recipe here and be sure to enter the giveaway below!
Skillet Chicken & Vegetables Au Gratin
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 box Betty Crocker Casserole Au Gratin
- 2 1/2 cups of hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Stir in chicken, Potatoes, Sauce Mix, hot water, pepper, salt, and onion.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and froze vegetables, stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving, until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
We enjoy Betty Crocker Specialty Potatoes and can’t wait to make this recipe again!