I wrote this review while participating in a test-drive campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Whirlpool and received a complimentary Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer to facilitate my review.
Now that we’ve used the Whirlpool Duet for a couple of weeks and I’ve gotten to know my way around the washer and dryer better, I still have to say there are so many options and choices that the set makes doing laundry easier and more fun too!
That’s the last time I have to add detergent for a couple of weeks! Of course the more laundry you do the more detergent you’ll use so this varies, but it sure is a time saver in not having to add detergent to every load.
The Precision Dispense Drawer also has saved us money. After I’ve set the appropriate cycle and hit “Start,” the washer senses the weight of laundry and calculates the settings I’ve selected. It then uses this information to determine how much water and detergent is needed and dispenses the appropriate amount. Gone are the days of over-pouring the detergent and going through a bottle a week.
The next time feature I love is the All Info Categories selection on the LCD screen. It’s like having your user’s manual attached to your washer. Not only does it give you information on the variety of cycles and settings, but my favorite time saver is the Stain Assist.
Can you believe how detailed it is? It has saved me so much time in figuring out how to get rid of a tough stain. I don’t have to make time to search online, call my mom or sister, send a tweet and wait for responses, it’s all right there on the washer!
I also like the EcoBoost option on the Duet washer.
- The Whirlpool Duet is Energy Star qualified which means they meet government standards to help conserve natural resources and save on utility bills.
- The washer uses as little as 11.5 gallons of water per load and exceeds the minimum federals standard for energy selling requirements by more than 160%.
- It”s possible to save as much as $3,300 in lifetime energy costs by using the Duet.
- For every household that uses a Duet, 12,857 gallons of water could be saved each year.
I’ve been very happy with our Whirlpool Duet and it’s efficiency. It’s made quite an impact on my daily life and I’m happy to be saving time, money, and energy just by doing laundry!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:
- My Favorite Features of the Whirlpool Duet
- Little Known Laundry & Kitchen Tips From Whirlpool
- Whirlpool Real Whirled House & The World of Whirlpool