Thank you to Sears Home Services for sponsoring this post. Compensation received. Ad. The honest opinions are my own.
When we moved from Ohio to Michigan last year, we moved into an older house. One of the first things we noticed were how badly the windows need to be replaced. For some reason we seem to have a different variety of window in each room. One room has wooden frames and the windows don’t open, another has crank windows, another has old metal windows, and we also have even have a few that use the pulley system in the tracks.
We have been working hard and diligently saving for new windows and can’t wait for the day to replace them all.
I’ve been looking for ways to save money on new windows and that’s why I was excited to learn that Sears Home Improvement has a fantastic window offer right now where you can save up to $525 for new window purchases of $1500 or more.
You can also schedule a free in-home consultation.
A Sears Home Services Consultant can visit your home, discuss your options for replacing your windows, explain what to expect during the process, and give you a price estimate as well.
I was also interested to learn that are federal energy tax credits available. You can upgrade your home, get tax credits and companies like Sears make sure you are aware of these benefits and you can stack savings.
- A number of tax credits for residential energy efficiency have been renewed. These tax credits are available for purchases made in 2016, as well as retroactive to purchases made in 2015. ENERGY STAR products eligible for tax credits are independently certified to save energy, save money and protect the environment. Use up to 30% less energy in your home by outfitting it with ENERGY STAR products available across more than 70 categories.*
- More info about Federal Tax Credits: https://www.energystar.gov/about/federal_tax_credits
Not only will you save in these ways but when you install ENERGY STAR certified windows, doors, and skylights you can shrink energy bills – and carbon footprints – by an average of 12% nationwide. Your estimated savings will vary depending on your home and windows you select. This applies to Energy Star rated windows.
All that savings is encouraging and the thought of having all new windows makes me happy! I would love to update all of our windows, it will make our house look even better and may even shrink our energy bills – how great would that be?!
Sears Home Improvement offers more than 2000 window styles including bay, bow, double-hung, tilt-in, and more. There are even a number of shutter color options.
Here are some informative articles from the Sears Home Service Blog about windows:
- Is it Time for a Window Replacement?
- Top Ten Buying Tips for New Windows
- What’s the Lifespan of your Home’s Exterior?
Getting new windows is exciting and Sears Home Improvement offers a wonderful selection as well as great savings. Be sure to schedule your in-home consultation today – it’s free!
If you liked this, you may also enjoy: