I’m excited to share this guest post with you today about a fantastic event that is sure to spread and inspire kindness.
This Random Acts of Kindness Day (February 17th), local team members from KIND will be committing 24 acts of kindness throughout Detroit in order to celebrate the power of kindness.
At KIND, we believe in doing the kind thing for your body, your taste buds, and the world. This means not only staying healthy and enjoying delicious food, but making the world a little kinder, one act at a time.
To kick off the day, from 8-10 am KIND team members will be giving out winter hats and gloves to people waiting in line for the bus, as well as pay for bus fares for commuters @ Rose Parks Transit Station. While you may not be able to join in on every scheduled event, we encourage you to find time today (and every day!), to spread kindness in your own way to help make the world a little kinder!
Here’s a look at the 24 KIND Acts that KIND team members will be performing on February 17th:
- 8 am-10:00 am: Give winter hats and gloves to people waiting in line for the bus, as well as pay for bus fares for commuters @ Rosa Parks Transit Station, Detroit, MI
- 10:00 am -11:30 am: Buy coffee for everyone in line at Starbucks and Biggby Coffee @ Starbucks Royal Oak, Birmingham & Biggby Coffee Berkley, Ferndale
- 11:30 am: Drop off KIND bars to the Department of Public Works for the snow plow drivers in Royal Oaks, MI
- 11:30 am -12 pm: Brush snow off of cars in large outdoor parking lots. Put a KIND bar or note under the wiper in Royal Oak, MI
- 12-1:30 pm: Hand out hand warmers to people in Campus Martius during lunch
- 1:45 pm: Bring flowers and balloons to the Detroit Children’s Hospital
- 2:15 pm: Drop off KIND bars to the Soup Kitchen at the Muslim Center of Detroit
- 2:30 pm: Drop off KIND bars to Detroit Fire Department
- 2:45 pm: Make a donation of gently used clothing gathered from the KIND team to Goodwill in Royal Oak.
- 3 pm: Drop off dog and cat toys to the Michigan Humane Society
- 3:30 pm: Drop off dodge balls and nerf balls to the Boys and Girls Club in Royal Oak
- 4 pm: Drop off personal toiletries to South Oakland Woman’s Shelter in Lathrup Village
- 5 pm: Drop off some flowers to the American House Senior Center in Hazel Park
- Leave a huge tip at lunch with a kind note
- Put away grocery carts at random retail location
- Give a KIND bar/flower to a bus driver
- Leave KIND sticky note on the dressing room mirror at a clothing store
- Tell the manager of the waiter or barista what an awesome job they did
- Pick up the tab for a random table at lunch
- Put inspiring notes on car windows
- Hold open the door for people coming into coffee shop/grocery store
- Tweet an inspiring message
- Thank the cross walk attendants for helping keep our kids safe
- Leave some change in the laundry mat coin wash machine
Isn’t that wonderful? What random acts of kindness will you be performing for Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17th?