Spring is here and it’s time to start watering our lawns and gardens again. This makes me so happy! The grass is already turning greener, the flowers are starting to bloom, and the world is no longer covered in snow. The temperature is warming up, the sun has been out, and we’ve had entire days of beautiful blue skies.
This post is sponsored by Rain Bird.
Since we have watering our lawns and gardens on our minds, I’m excited to share with you the opportunity to win Rain Bird’s $3500 Sweepstakes!
To celebrate the launch of their new Smart Irrigation WiFi Timer, Rain Bird is hosting a Rain Delay Sweepstakes.
You can enter to win a $3500 professionally installed Rain Bird in-ground sprinkler system with multiple zones, drip irrigation, and Rain Bird’s new Wifi Timer!
To enter simply visit the Rain Bird Rain Delay Sweepstakes page, fill out your contact info, and tell your rain delay story. Click Submit and you are entered to win!
In the sweepstakes there are also weekly winners. Each week, one entrant will win a Rain Bird Smart Irrigation Wifi Timer!
The sweepstakes ends on May 1st so be sure to head over there today to enter to win!
Now that spring is here and we want our lawns and gardens to look beautiful, we also have to keep in mind how we can do so while saving water and money.
I was interested to learn that sprinkler and drip irrigation systems are two of the most efficient and economical ways to help get yard, flower beds, and gardens looking their best.
Here are some yard smart water saving tips from Rain Bird:
- Don’t Drown – The greatest waste of water comes from applying too much, too often. Water a few times for shorter periods and take 15 minute breaks. This will allow water to soak in and minimize run-off
- Watch The Clock – The best time to water is between 5 am and 10 am. Mid-day watering is less efficient due to evaporation and windy conditions. Evening watering means leaves remain wet and can grow fungus.
- Divide By Zones – Use different irrigation zones because different plants need different amounts of water.
- Do Routine Inspections – Periodically check your sprinklers to make sure everything is working properly. A clogged head or torn line can wreak havoc on your landscape and water bill.
- Timing Is Everything – Install the Rain Bird Smart Irrigation Wifi Timer. Turn the Automatic Seasonal Adjust and the controller’s daily watering schedule will change based on the season as well as local weather, temperature, and humidity. Automatic Seasonal Adjustments can reduce water usage by as much as 30% conserving water and saving homeowners money all year long.
You can incorporate some of these improvements into your own landscape by entering to win the Rain Bird Rain Delay Sweepstakes. Don’t forget to enter to win the $3500 professionally installed Rain Bird in-ground sprinkler system with multiple zones, drip irrigation, and wifi timer. It closes May 1st.
And don’t forget about the weekly prizes too!
Good luck! If you win, be sure to come back and leave a comment below letting us know so we can congratulate you!