Recently we made quesadillas on the George Forman Evolve Grill that was sent to us for review. The grill is an updated version of the old classic, with a few fancy new features including: a variety of removable dishwasher safe plates, an 84 square-inch cooking surface, an adjustable hinge, and more.
My favorite feature of the new Evolve Grill is the interchangeable plates. Our box arrived with a regular grill plate, a cross-hatch plate, a baking pan, and an insert for making sliders. Not only can you use the grill in the same manner as the original version, but you can also bake lasagna and brownies, get those restaurant style cross-hatch grill marks on your meat, or cook up some mini-sliders for the kids.
As if that wasn’t enough variety the George Foreman Healthy Cooking website will soon be offering additional plates for sale as well including:
- a griddle plate
- a waffle plate
- omelet plates
- panini plates
- a cupcake/muffin plate.
We decided to try out our favorite quesadilla recipe:
Grilled Ground Turkey Quesadillas (serves 2)
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups ground turkey with taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup of diced black olives
- 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of sliced avocado
- 1 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Pre-heat George Foreman Evolve Grill to 325.
- Top each tortilla with ground turkey, black olives, mushrooms, avocado, and cheese. Moisten edges of tortillas with water. Fold tortilla in half and place on the grill.
- Grill quesadillas 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove quesadillas from grill and let stand 2 min.
- Mix a small amount of the salsa and sour cream together and spoon on top of quesadillas or use as a dip.
The grill was very easy to use. After a simple pre-heat it was ready to go. We placed the quesadillas on the grill and closed it up.
In about 7 minutes our quesadillas were done and they were delicious. The Evolve Grill gave the tortillas a nice crisp crunch and the inside ingredients were cooked perfectly.
We decided to celebrate using the new grill by serving them on our new dinnerware: