Since moving into our new house we’ve discovered that it’s incredibly dry. So much so that when we touch one another or Yoshi even with just one finger we get shocked with static electricity. Our old house had a whole house humidifier attached to the furnace. It was nice but even then we found that house to be dry as well. The cold temps during the winter cause the furnace to run more and therefore the air gets very dry.
PureGuardian 90-Hour Smart Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier received.
On top of that this is prime cold and flu season and you know how difficult it is to sleep when you are congested. Our pediatrician always recommends running a humidifier when the kids are sick or if anyone is dealing with allergies. That’s why I am excited about the PureGuardian 90-Hour Smart Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier.
When I first opened this humidifier I was amazed at it’s compact size. When I read that it will run continuously for up to 90-hours I was expecting it to be gigantic. It’s actually only about the size of our printer. The dimension are 5.12″L x 9.76″W x 13.98″H. I took these pictures on our kitchen counter so you can get a good idea of the size. We don’t leave it here, it actually sits on on table or nightstand in one of our rooms.
The tank capacity is 1.32 gallons and is very easy to fill. Simply pick it up from the base, flip it over, open the tank lid, and pour in cool clean water. Once it’s full close the lid securely and snap it back into the base.
- Water Level Window – This makes it easy to see when it’s time to refill the tank.
- Auto Shut Off – the unit will automatically shut off and a low water icon will blink on the display if the water level is too low
- Cool & Warm Mist – you can set the humidifying temperature based on need, warm humidity will use more power but will humidify your room quicker
- Soft Glow Night Light
- Auto Humidistat – monitors the humidity in the room and adjusts the output to maintain an ideal humidity; when the humidity level in the room is less than the auto humidity level the humidifier will continue to produce moisture, once the room level is met the humidifier will turn off
- Adjustable Humidistat – preset the humidifier to run at necessary times
- Mist Control – three levels of adjustment for the amount of spray volume or amount of mist
- Timer – you can preset the humidifier to automatically turn off between 1 – 12 hours
- Extension Wands – these are optional, when attached the wands extend the mist to a higher level in the air to help disperse mist throughout the room
- Silver Clean Technology – embedded in the tank to fight the growth of mildew and mold on the surface of the tank
- No Added Costs – no filters, evaporating pads, or wicks to clean or replace
We have never had a humidifier that has an auto or adjustable humidistat. All of ours in the past have run continuously. I can see how little sense this makes now, if the room is at an optimal humidity level, the humidifier doesn’t need to be running. This saves trips to kitchen or bathroom to fill it up and it saves electricity and water too. It’s brilliant and now I don’t know how we used any humidifiers in the past without this setting.
I was also fascinated to learn that it is different than other humidifiers because as an ultrasonic humidifier it uses a metal diaphragm vibrating at an ultrasonic frequency to create water droplets that are expelled out into the room to help maintain the desired humidity level.
Here’s a video overview of this humidifier to give you a closer look:
I highly recommend the PureGuardian 90-Hour Smart Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier to anyone dealing with dry air this winter whether it’s in your home or office or for those battling allergies and congestion. It has a number of fantastic features that make it worth every penny and it would be a great gift idea this holiday season.
That’s why I’m excited to offer the giveaway below.
One reader of 2 Wired 2 Tired will win a PureGuardian 90-Hour Smart Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier – $159 Value!
To enter use the Rafflecopter form below.