It’s that time of year. As parents those familiar terms are thrown around again and again – summer slide, summer brain drain, and even summer learning loss.
This post is sponsored by Splash Math.
Studies have shown that children typically require 2-3 months of re-teaching in math when returning to school. That’s why we are excited about Splash Math – a website that helps prevent summer slide in math as well as a fun online math program for kids.
There are currently over 11 million learners on Splash Math and we can see why. It’s a fun and interactive site for K-5 kids that helps them increase their math competence and confidence. Kids can use the program to master over 350 key math skills. There is also a parent dashboard that keeps you connected in real time so you can monitor your child’s progress.
Always on the go during the summer? Take your laptop and iPad along so the learning never stops!
Here’s a look at what makes Splash Math so fun and keeps kids learning all summer long.
There are interactive games and rewards that motivate kids to learn and improve their math scores.
With the Splash Math Summer Learning Program you get:
- An 8 week review program to stop the summer slide
- A common core aligned diagnostic assessment before and during the program
- Personalized practice schedule for each child based on the diagnostic assessment
- Review skills from the current grade and practice skills for the upcoming grade your child is entering in the fall
- An individualized report that summarizes the child’s progress and aptitude on both previous years and the upcoming year’s skills
- A certificate of completion at the end of the program.
We recommend Splash Math to anyone looking to help prevent the summer slide in math for the children in their lives. It’s also a fun online math program for kids that they would enjoy any time of the year.
If you liked this post, check out our other Tech & Gadgets For Families posts here.