I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Welch’s. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.
One of Kora & Logan’s favorite food is peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. They eat them nearly every day. We love using Welch’s Jelly for our pb&j sandwiches. We always have two bottles in our refrigerator ready to go at any time. The four of us enjoy both the Concord Grape and Strawberry flavors. They are delicious and I like the Welch’s Natural Spreads because they contain no high fructose syrup, no artificial colors or flavors, and no preservatives.
Kora & Logan love to help out in the kitchen and I always enjoy cooking with them. Here’s a sneak peek at the three of us in action:
The kids did a great job and the pancakes came out amazing! While I had an inkling they might be good, we were all blown away at just how delicious they were. Kora even said, “Oh boy, are these yummy!” It was such a simple recipe and so flavorful & fun, that I can’t wait to make them again!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Welch’s Grape or Strawberry Jelly
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small sauce pan mix peanut butter & milk over low heat. Whisk until completely smooth and remove from heat.
- Spoon peanut butter mixture into flour mixture and stir well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto skillet.
- Cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- Serve topped with Welch’s Grape or Strawberry Jelly.
I’m incredibly happy about how the pancakes turned out and I was excited to learn recently that April 2nd is National PB&J Day! How fun is that? Welch’s is celebrating with a PB&J Your Way Facebook Contest where you tell them your creative spin on the classic peanut butter & jelly sandwich for a chance to win $500 and a one year supply of grape jelly!
The giveaway ends April 2nd, 2013 so be sure to head over today for your chance to win. Good luck! If you do win, be sure to come back and leave a comment letting us know so we can be sure to congratulate you!