This June celebrates the 22nd annual Parade the Circle, one of the most-loved events in the Cleveland area. It’s a fun and free celebration that includes a parade complete with colorful floats, dancers, performers, musicians, and puppets as well as Circle Village where there is an afternoon full of activities, food, and live music.
Parade the Circle takes place on Saturday, June 11th with Circle Village open from 11 am – 4 pm and the parade taking place at noon. The list of activities and events at Circle Village is exciting and extensive, here are just a few of the highlights:
- The Cleveland Museum of Art and Womens Council: Gather inspiration from the museum’s modern collection and decorate a mardi gras mask.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden: Paint a work of art while learning about plants.
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History: Create an environmentally conscious origami house.
- Cleveland Public Library: Puppet stories, face painting, create a rain stick, paper drum craft, or learn a sign language message and spin the library prize wheel.
- Euclid Beach Park Now/Cleveland’s Euclid Beach Park Carousel Society: Decorate a carousel horse using art supplies.
- Cuyahoga County: Department of Development, Healthy Start & Invest in Children: Spin the healthy habits prize wheel and give Junior Zumba a try.
- Integrity Cleveland Heights Properties: Try some sand art crafts. Children’s temporary tattoos, and face painting also available.
- Western Reserve Historical Society: Try your hand at old-fashioned toys and games. Participate in a big community craft.
Just some of the fantastic food vendors include:
- Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger
- Crepe Lady
- European Almonds
- Hot Sauce Williams
- Sue’s Pierogies
For a complete list of Circle Village events and activities, food vendors, and parking information please visit: University Circle Parade the Village.