As a Kraft Foods Tastemaker I’m excited that February is here, this is my favorite month to try new chocolate recipes and recently I came across a number of fantastic ideas on the Kraft Foods site. As I browsed through the various brownies, cakes, and even chocolate fondue recipes once I saw the Baker’s One Bowl Chocolate Bliss Cookies, I knew I had to try them.
I was excited about how easy these cookies were to make. They truly can be made all in one bowl and only take 12 or 13 minutes in the oven. While they are baking they fill the house with such a magnificent chocolate aroma that we we couldn’t wait to give them a try.
Once I pulled them out of the oven we all tried one and agreed that they were incredible. Dave thought they were some of the best cookies I’d ever made and I was so happy to hear him say that. He discovered that after they cool, if you pop them into the microwave for a few seconds they taste just like they came warm from the oven again. We love this recipe and I’ll be adding it to my list of favorites, it’s one that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other time of the year when you are looking for a creative chocolate recipe.
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- CHOP 8 oz. chocolate; set aside. Microwave remaining chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min., stirring after 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add butter; stir until melted. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- BAKE 12 to 13 min. or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Compensation received. The honest opinions are my own.