I was in the mood for cookies recently but didn’t have a lot of time on my hands. I decided to check my cupboards to see what I had available. I spotted a jar of Nutella and knew right away I wanted to use it. Next I saw a box of cake mix and remembered how much I enjoyed the cake mix cookies I made awhile back so I decided to combine the two and throw in a few other ingredients as well.
I wasn’t sure how the cookies would turn out but once I took them out of the oven I couldn’t wait to try them!
I would definitely make these again when I want cookies and I’m crunched for time. They are full of flavor, fun, and super simple.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup of Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly coat two baking sheets with cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, milk, and egg.
- In a small bowl heat Nutella in microwave for 20 seconds
- Using large spoonfuls drop Nutella into cake mix. Very lightly mix into batter in a swirling motion. Be careful not to mix thoroughly
- Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and using fork press down each cookie slightly
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are set