I always enjoy baking during the holidays. Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter any excuse to get in the kitchen and create something to satisfy my sweet tooth and make my family smile, makes me happy. My only requirement in holiday baking however is that it must be simple and quick. That’s why when I discovered how easy it is to make homemade chocolate peanut butter cups, I always find ways to make them every holiday. They are so delicious, I always look forward to eating them too!
I decided this week to put a bit of a twist on my classic recipe and inside of cups, I made chocolate peanut butter eggs. Not only that, I also used dark chocolate, Nutella, and sea salt – what a combination!
This recipe was incredibly easy and sooooo good! I like that the egg mold I used was small. This made the eggs bite size, but this would be equally as good if they were larger and there would be more to enjoy!
I enjoyed these eggs so much I can’t wait to use this combination again. In fact, this recipe is so easy to put together I’m excited to make another batch before Easter!
- 1 bag (12 oz) dark cocoa candy melts
- 1/4 cup of Nutella
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 Easter egg mold
- Pour half the bag of dark cocoa candy melts into a microwaveable safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute stirring after until it’s melted. If not ready put back in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir again. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate into egg molds filling each egg space until it is half full.
- Using a spoon and knife, scoop out Nutella and spread it on top of the chocolate.
- Repeat the first step with the second bag of dark cocoa candy.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the egg molds.
- Using a knife level off the chocolate so the bottom of the eggs will lay flat.
- Put egg mold into freezer for 10 minutes or until frozen.
- Once ready remove from egg mold, place the eggs on a plate, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- When not being served, store in refrigerator.
shelly peterson says
I have never tried Nutella yet. I love chocolate though, so I would love to try these.
Julie Wood says
I am addicted to Nutella-the stuff is so delicious, and putting them in these cute Easter eggs looks so delicious. Your eggs turned out really nice! I will have to make this.