When we bought our house, one of the first things Dave said was, “The kitchen has to go!” He has hated our kitchen ever since we moved in. We had just finished remodeling our kitchen at our old house and he did a lot of the work on it himself. He was very proud of it and it looked beautiful. So to move into a house with a very old, dark, small kitchen, complete with goose wallpaper, was tough for him. He has been anxious to remodel it since day one and now we are just about ready to start.
This post is sponsored by Sears Home Services.
One of the biggest changes we want to make is to take down the wall between the kitchen and the living room. It will look wonderful and make it much more spacious.
At the top of my list is completely redoing the cabinets. Right now anything tall, like a syrup bottle, won’t fit. And I can barely reach the top shelf. I’d also love the some of the bottom cabinets to have drawers and others to have sliding shelves.
As for countertops, we keep going back and forth about what kind we like. We are leaning toward Quartz or Granite. I’ve heard great things about both and was excited to see this infographic from Sears Home Services that details the differences and the pros and cons of each.
For the flooring we are going to go with a laminate wood throughout the rest of the house and will put it in the kitchen as well which will make it flow together seamlessly.
We can’t wait to start remodeling and building our dream kitchen and that’s why I was excited to learn that Sears has a number of special offers this month that sound amazing!
- Save $500 On Kitchen Remodels Of $1,500 Or More – Offer valid through 10/31/2016. Not valid on prior sales or in combination with any other offer.
- Save $500 On Cabinet Replacement Or Refacing Purchases Of $1,500 Or More – Offer valid through 10/31/2016. Not valid on prior sales or in combination with any other offer.
- Save $250 On Countertop Only Purchases Of $1,500 Or More – Offer valid through 10/31/2016. Not valid on prior sales or in combination with any other offer.
- Up to 12 Month Special Financing Available An Installed Flooring Purchases Over $1,500 – Offer good through 10/31/2016. Not valid on prior sales or in combination with any other offer.
Aren’t those great? Kitchen remodeling can be expensive so I’m always happy to save money where I can.
I was also interested to learn that Sears Home Services offers great kitchen remodeling services for any budget. They provide personalized service with a free in-home consultation to discuss your options including countertops, cabinets, flooring, hardware and accessories.
Since we are still in the research and decision making stage we’ll be scheduling that free in-home consultation and I’ve been browsing the Sears Home Services blog getting inspiration from their posts about kitchen remodels. Here are some that I’ve found helpful:
- How To Create A Country Kitchen On Any Budget
- Top 5 Kitchen Design Trends For 2016
- 5 Easy Kitchen Makeover Ideas
- Kitchen Design Ideas To Increase The Value Of Your Home
- The Ultimate Kitchen Design Tips
- How To Choose A Countertop
Lots of great information and advice in those posts. Be sure to check them out and don’t forget about the special offers listed above. They only last until October 31, 2016, so click through the links, fill out the short form, and get your in home consultation set up right away, so you can save money too.
What about you? Are you doing any remodeling? What does your dream kitchen look like?