Do you get nervous when you go to the doctor’s office? I do, my wife does, and I know my mom really does. This isn’t a knock on the person at all, it can be a scary, confusing and uncertain experience. A lot of the time, the doctor and their staff can make the experience more manageable, but even then, the nerves still start going.
iHealth Wireless Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor received. This post also contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
It is very common for someone to go in for a doctor’s visit and for their blood pressure to measure much higher than it would if they were truly comfortable and calm. For someone who has these nerves act up, it can cause incorrect diagnoses and include being prescribed the incorrect medications, or amount of medication.
If you are on any medication to help control your blood pressure, then taking it and keeping records of it in the comfort of your own home is something that should be of utmost importance to you. We just had a chance to review an at home blood pressure monitor made by the fine people at iHealth. The iHealth View – a Wireless Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor makes this process very simple and easy.
Here are some of the reasons why you need an at home, wireless blood pressure monitor.
- Instant on screen results – connect to your phone or tablet and you can see your measurements immediately on the screen.
- Highest accuracy – the iHealth View is clinically tested & FDA approved.
- Chart your results – this is my favorite, connect with the iHealth app and you can chart and see all of your data. This is excellent to share with your caregivers to help spot anomalies and identify trends which can lead to a more accurate diagnosis.
- Share your results – take all of your data history and create a PDF in your app to share it with family and caregivers via email or print.
- iHealth Family – there are multiple ways to track your health thanks to iHealth. From blood pressure to body analysis and composition scales, activity trackers and pulse oximeters, you are able to stay on top of your health and notice any trends before anything serious occurs.
- Data all in one place – you are able to store and view all of your data in one place simply by syncing your iHealth View and other devices. A secure HIPPA compliant storage allows access anywhere and anytime.
Using the iHealth View is a breeze, charge it, download the iHealth MyVitals app, create an account, login, setup the Bluetooth connection and take your blood pressure. The iHealth view straps around your wrist (made extra easy thanks to a curved strap that acts like a hook to stay where you place it), and the device is able to recommend moving your arm up or down with simple arrows that light up to make sure your arm is in the proper position.
Once you press the start button, sit still with your wrist level with your heart and feet still and on the floor and there you go, you will be done in a jiffy and you will have your results recorded in the cloud for future access.
Once you start taking it a little more frequently, you will see a graph with the pattern of your results on the screen.
You can also see what your pulse is, what your blood pressure is by the date and also what your blood pressure is by the time of day.
The iHealth View is available at iHealthlabs.com, bestbuy.ca (Best Buy in Canada) and Amazon.com, priced at under $100 the View is a great way to easily track your blood pressure and share it with whomever you need. It offers such a great convenience at a great price.
The options that technology like this provides is endless. If everyone used these devices, we would be able to get a head start on many ailments and start treatment or adjustments prior to anything major being necessary. Being healthy is a choice, and using any iHealth device is a step in the right direction, will you join the healthy movement?