During the holidays I love trying out new cookie recipes. This year I made one that was very simple and was a big hit. Logan declared them his favorite and could have eaten the whole jar in one sitting if we let him!
They have a wonderful holiday color but could be used all year round and are perfect for people who love chocolate mint treats. I really like that they can be made quickly with a premade store bought sugar cookie mix or if you have a little more time you can make the sugar cookies from scratch.
These cookies didn’t last long in our house and that just gives me the perfect excuse to make them again soon!
Mint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cups of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6-8 drops green food coloring
- 1 bag of dark chocolate & mint morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually blend dry ingredients into butter & sugar bowl.
- Add food coloring and dark chocolate & mint morsels. Mix until soft dough forms.
- Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.