I made a delicious and easy dinner using Johsonville® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
As a busy mom, I’m always trying to find delicious and filling recipes that can be prepared as quickly as possible. When we aren’t running Kora to springboard diving we are driving Logan to one of two basketball practices. Between after school activities, homework, running errands, cleaning the house, and working we are tight for time when preparing meals.
That’s why I am very excited about this jambalaya recipe. It doesn’t take long to prepare and once it’s all in the pot you let it simmer for 20 minutes and then it’s ready to serve.
A few months ago Dave had suggested we have jambalaya and at that time I agreed that it sounded amazing but like way too much work. After a few months went by it sounded better and better. I found myself thinking about it all the time and wondering if I wanted to take on the task of making it.
Then I was asked to create a recipe using Johsonville® Italian Sausage.
We are big fans of Johsonville® Meatballs here and with them I made a fabulous Meatball Sub and wonderful spaghetti and meatball dinner not too long ago. When I found out that Johsonville® Italian Sausage has built-in seasonings that deliver a delicious taste, I immediately knew it would be perfect in jambalaya.
We were excited about how quickly were were able to prepare this recipe and how full of flavor it was. We decided to put a bit of a twist on this dish and make a midwestern jambalaya. Not only does it have delicious Italian sausage, but it also has Zatarain’s rice, shrimp, diced tomatoes, corn, and potatoes. Every bite was savory with just the right amount of kick and was so simple we could make it on a busy weeknight.
We enjoyed this recipe so much that we can’t wait to make it again. Dave liked this recipe so much I am thinking of surprising him with it on Valentine’s Day! He’d be thrilled to see it again so soon! After discovering how easy and enjoyable it is, I’d also love to try the ground version of Johsonville® Italian Sausage in homemade meatballs and rigatoni and am looking forward to trying them both soon.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package of Johsonville® Italian Sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 box (8 oz) Zatarains New Orleans Style Jambalaya Mix
- In a large saucepan combine onion, pepper, olive oil and saute until until tender.
- Add Johsonville® Italian Sausage tomatoes, water, and Zatarains Jambalaya mix. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes and add shrimp.
- Cover and simmer for another 8-10 minutes until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
To learn more follow #MeatballMasters on social media.