Recently I visited Boston to attend the Marshalls and T.J. Maxx Blogger Holiday event.
Flight, accommodations, transportation, and meals were provided.
While there one of the main topics that kept popping up involved Marshalls vs. T.J. Maxx.
While at the Blogger Holiday Event, I learned that there are definite differences in the stores and thought I would share them with you.
- Shoe MegaShop – offers thousands of this season’s shoes for the entire family with new styles arriving several times each week. Arranged by style, shoes in specific sizes can be found under each display.
- Men’s Department – contains a wide selection of men’s suits and sports coats.
- The Cube – a new, high energy junior’s department that is like a boutique within the store. It’s perfect for young women who are looking for trendy, yet sophisticated styles. The Cube feature items from all departments in the store arranged by style rather than size. It’s a fashionable one-stop shop.
- Women’s Shoes Only – with a specialization in women’s shoes there’s something for everyone woman.
- Expanded Accessories Department – includes fine jewelry including 14-kt. gold, sterling silver, and semiprecious stones as well as sunglasses and watches.
- The Runway – high end designer accessories and fashions at T.J. Maxx prices. Here you’ll find Versace, Gucci, Coach and more.
Also, the speakers on the event explained a big difference between Marshalls and T.J. Maxx are the variety of items sold by each. In fact, they often purposely locate the stores near each other because they want you to visit each store to shop the unique selections offered by both stores.
I have to be honest, prior to attending this trip, I assumed both stores carried the same things and so I only visited my nearby Marshalls. However, just yesterday I decided to check out T.J. Maxx and do some shopping for my Secret Santa from the event.
I was incredibly impressed at the different items offered and decided I’ll definitely be back. And next time, I’ll leave Kora & Logan at home while I spend a good hour or two to enjoy the thrill of the hunt!
What about you? Do you have a preference – Marshalls or T.J. Maxx?