March Madness season is here. With all the talk of brackets and who will win, it’s a great excuse to throw a party or make some delicious treats. That’s why I’m excited about this March Madness recipe for Slam Dunk Basketball Cookies. It’s simple enough to prepare and is sure to have everyone smiling when you serve them.
- 12 oz. Wilton orange candy melts
- ¼ C. Wilton black candy melts
- 1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies
- Small sandwich bag
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the orange Wilton candy melts stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes before dipping your cookies.
- Dip the cookies one at a time in the chocolate covering both sides. Lift out with a fork and lay on a cookie sheet or wax paper (see photos).
- Once all the cookies are dipped, let set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cookies are set, melt the ¼ C. black candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, again stirring every 30 second until melted. Let cool 3-4 minutes.
- Once the black chocolate is cool enough scoop it into the small sandwich bag and using the scissors, snip the end making a small hole (you do not want it too large otherwise the chocolate will drip everywhere).
- Using the sandwich bag, pipe the first 3 basketball lines onto the cookies. Repeat with all cookies. Once all cookies have 3 lines, place back into the fridge for another 5-10 minutes to let set.
- Finally, add the third line across your cookies to complete the basketball transformation. Let set for at least 30 minutes (15-20 in the fridge) before serving.
- *One 12 oz. Bag of orange candy melts makes approximately 20 basketballs.
- *Store in an airtight container for several weeks.
What about you? What are some of your favorite March Madness recipes or treats?