With March Madness here, I like preparing party snacks and appetizers to enjoy while we watch the games. This year I decided to do a unique twist on basketball and make Pizza Balls which are perfect for a slam dunk in a bowl of warm pizza sauce. This appetizer was incredibly easy to make and it received rave reviews from fans. In fact, Kora asked if she could eat these every day from now on!
March Madness Pizza Balls
- 2 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 pieces of Hormel Pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and press seams together. Cut 8 squares.
- Top each square with cheese, pepperoni, and 1 tbsp pizza sauce.
- Fold up sides of each crescent roll square and press together forming a ball. Place balls onto cookie sheets.
- Repeat with second can of crescent rolls.
- Cook Pizza Balls for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat leftover pizza sauce in microwave for 1 minute, reheating an additional 10 seconds repeatedly until warm.
- Serve Pizza Balls with pizza sauce to dip.
- Eat and enjoy!
I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments on 2 Wired 2 Tired are my own