We all have had to make choices, whether you want something hot or cold, soft or hard, practical or fun. For those looking to purchase a new car, you may be faced with the tough decision between luxury or sporty.
Well, we just had a chance to test drive for a week ,a Lexus IS 350 F Sport and I am here to tell you that there is no reason to settle for sporty or luxurious when you can have both with a Lexus IS.
Let me tell you, that attitude makes this car very fun to drive! The Lexus IS 350 F Sport looks the part of a sports car, the front grill is aggressive in appearance and looks pretty sweet. The curves and angles used in the front of the car make it look very sporty (and fast) but when you get into the interior you are surrounded in the luxury and features you expect from a Lexus.
The Lexus IS is a sedan, and there is actually room in the back for an adult to sit comfortably and kids have more than enough room in the back seat. This is technically an entry level luxury sedan, but for those looking for a sports car, do not be scared off by the “sedan” word.
Here are the 5 top reasons this should be the next car in your driveway:
- Appearance – This car is beautiful, it looks sporty and sleek, but also looks and feels every bit of a luxury car on the inside. This car is striking and people will be envious of you. Especially if you get the F Sport version with this grill.
- Performance – The IS 350 F Sport’s engine boasts 306 HP, and it has a deeper growl that sounds amazing when you put it to the test. The Variable Gear-Ratio Steering adapts the turning response based on your speed to provide easier maneuverability and stability. Adaptive Variable Suspension adjusts the shock absorbers at each wheel depending on the road surface, speed and driving style.
- Multiple Personalities – There is no need to choose between luxury and sport with the IS 350. This ability to adapt and change is evident in the ability to change your Drive Mode Style.
- Sport S/S+ Mode – Faster gear changes, tighter suspension and increased steering response allow you to be in control, accelerate faster and enjoy the ride.
- Eco Mode – Your power output is moderated for an increased fuel efficiency. Every system in the car is optimized for reduced power consumption.
- Normal Mode – The perfect balance for engine performance and fuel efficiency, why settle? Get both!
- Safety Innovations
- Lane Departure Alert – Provides visual and audio alerts if you begin to veer
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – Change lanes with more safety. You will be warned of approaching vehicles in adjacent lanes. The Rear Cross-Traffic Alert is great for backing out of parking spaces with confidence
- Backup Camera
- Intelligent Headlights that look bold, but act smart, the high-beams automatically dim as vehicles approach and help provide added visibility
- Space Aged Instrumentation – When I first saw this, I was in awe. The IS F Sport model was inspired by the Lexus LFA supercar – its digital instrument cluster actually slides to the side and changes the display. This is so cool, it doesn’t help with performance, but it looks awesome and is a feature that will leave the admirers loving it.
There are many more reasons to love this car, but hopefully from our pictures and video clips you can get an idea as to how the IS 350 F Sport is able to show off its luxurious side as well as its sporty side.
As an entry level luxury sedan, the IS starts at about $36,000 and loaded with all the options is just over $50,000. This is a very competitive price for everything that you get and especially compared to its competition which comes in a fair bit higher than this.