Jamstik is a smart guitar, it doesn’t look like a full guitar, but rather it looks guitar-like. The Jamstik is a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) and it consists of the handle of guitar, with real strings, real frets (5 of them) which when combined with your iDevice gives you real playing.
The Jamstik is small and portable, which is great for players who want to take their guitar with them, and it is also great for parents who don’t want their child to have another very large object/toy in the house.
There are some really cool features that make up the Jamstik.
- It is simple and easy to use, but you can get as advanced as you want with your note range with huge array of notes thanks to the 5 frets and the D-pad on the side which provides additional options.
- Works with tons of apps from the iTunes App Store.
- As a MIDI you can really have some fun, it can act as a string guitar, banjo, piano, drums, harp and just about anything you can imagine.
- It’s wireless, small and portable!
- Great for beginners – this would be a higher end learning guitar from a cost perspective, but it can do soooo much more. In addition you have plenty of choices for apps available to help you learn to play the guitar.
- It’s smart! The Jamstik is wireless and the most amazing thing is how it uses infrared lights to “see” where your hands are fingers are in real time. The processing of this is extremely fast and allows you to have some great fun with its MIDI possibilities.
The Jamstik is something totally different and can provide you with tons of fun. Combined with learning apps, it can be a great way for beginners to build their talent. When you use the apps and use the Jamstik as a MIDI you can have lots of fun with the different sounds. If you are an experienced guitar player you may find the Jamstik a bit odd, due to its size, but if you are able to embrace it for what it is, the options are limitless and hours of fun are in your future.
The JamStik comes in at a price of $299.99, the value here is when you consider all it can do, it is much more than just a small portable guitar. For kids like ours, they are much more interested in spending time with something that works with an iPad, so the Jamstik definitely keeps their attention.
Spend some time researching the Jamstik and it can be a great musical addition for you and with an open mind, you will have a great time.