I love how quickly and easily toddlers and preschoolers absorb information. Kora & Logan enjoy watching Dora, Diego, and Handy Manny and have picked up quite a bit of Spanish from these shows – so much so they’ve been able to teach Tired Dad Dave and I a couple of words and phrases.
I’ve been on the lookout for a DVD that will help enhance their Spanish, but most of the videos available at our local library are old, out-of-date and just don’t hold Kora & Logan’s attention. So I was happy recently when I came across Spanish for Kids: Las Estaciones (The Seasons) by Whistlefritz (how fun is that to say!)
Spanish for Kids: Las Estaciones is the newest title in the award winning series, Spanish for Kids. The DVD series features an adorable animated mouse named Fritzi, who interacts with live-action adults and children. In Las Estaciones, Fritzi wants to celebrate his Fall birthday. His friend, Maria, helps Fritzi and the viewers to learn about all four seasons in an entertaining and fun way.
This DVD is completely in Spanish. No English is spoken at all. I thought this might deter Kora and Logan from enjoying it, but instead, they love it! I can’t believe how much they’ve picked up just from the couple of times they’ve watched it.
Here’s a video of the kids practicing Spanish along with Fritzi and Maria:
Here’s a video of one of the fun songs included in the DVD. Check out Kora & Logan trying to sing-along!
Why We Love Spanish for Kids: Las Estaciones (The Seasons):
- It’s cute, fun, and entertaining
- It’s very interactive
- It presents Spanish words in such a way that Kora & Logan have picked it up quickly
- It’s not only taught Kora & Logan Spanish, but Tired Dad Dave and I as well
- It makes me feel good to pop in the video and know the kids are learning something
We recommend Spanish for Kids: Las Estaciones to anyone looking to help teach their children Spanish. It’s recommended for children, ages 2-7 years-old. We’ve been so happy with this DVD that we will be getting the other videos in the series too.
One reader of 2 Wired 2 Tired will win a copy of Spanish for Kids: Las Estaciones (The Seasons)!
TO ENTER: Simply leave a comment below telling me you would like to win.
Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- For 2 Extra Entries: Follow 2 Wired 2 Tired on Twitter @2Wired2Tired
- For 2 Extra Entries: Subscribe to 2 Wired 2 Tired by RSS or Email
- For 2 Extra Entries: Like this post on Facebook by hitting the “Like” button at the top
- For 2 Extra Entries: Add a link to our blog on your site (in blog roll etc.)
- For 2 Extra Entries: Add our blog button to your site
- For 3 Extra Entries: Tweet this giveaway. Feel free to use the Tweet button at the top of the post
- Unlimited Entries: Leave a NEW comment on as many other posts as you like and get one entry for each comment (entering another giveaway counts too). Be sure to let me know which ones you commented on below.
Giveaway Rules: Giveaway ends Thursday, March 17th at 11:59 pm EST. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. All entries must have a valid email in blog profile or leave email address in comments. Winner will be chosen by the WordPress Plugin “And The Winner Is….”. I will notify the winner by email. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Winner will receive their prize directly from the company. Once winner is confirmed, this post will be updated with the winner’s name and winning entry.
This Giveaway Is Now Closed.
And The Winner Is…
Congratulations Tonya! You have email.
Thank you to everyone who entered and good luck next time!
The product was provided for review. No compensation was received. The honest opinions are my own and that of my family.