As you’ve probably read in my other reviews, I love to bake. While I’ve always used a hand mixer, I’ve wanted a stand mixer for as long as I can remember. When I saw KitchenAid’s Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer on QVC’s In the Kitchen With David, I knew it would be perfect.
After it was ordered, I waited on pins and needles, for it to come, checking the porch everyday just to make sure no packages arrived while I was out. When it finally landed on my doorstep, I couldn’t wait to test it out.
The first thing I noticed was it’s fabulous appearance. I chose the Caviar finish which turned out to be black with a bit of sparkle. Even my girl’s were oohing and aahing over it.
The KitchenAid Artisan Mixer is so easy to operate with 10 speed settings at the flip of a switch, mixing up my batter and dough faster than I could have even imagined with my hand mixer.
It includes a flat beater, a dough hook and a wire whip. All three can easily be attached to the base with a simple twist.
The flat beater can be used to make everything from, cake batter and frostings, to meat loaf and mashed potatoes.
The wire whip will whip up your egg whites or sponge cake in no time.
As a frequent maker of bagels, my hands totally appreciate the dough hook which eliminates the need for hand kneading your yeast dough.
It also comes with a pouring shield with a large chute for adding ingredients and preventing splashes, which makes cleanup a breeze.
While the mixer is heavy, it is also stable and durable, sure not to bounce around on your counter. There are quite a number of optional attachments to go with the KitchenAid Artisan Mixer including:
- Pasta Sheet Roller and Cutter Set
- Citrus Juicer
- Grain Mill
- Food Grinder
- Ice Cream Maker
- Slicer and Shredder
- Ravioli Maker
- Fruit and Vegetable Strainer
- and Sausage Stuffer.
The instruction manual not only contains operating instructions but recipes as well. I love this mixer and have no doubt that it will be able to handle all of my baking and cooking needs. With all of it’s options I was thrilled to see that the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer is available on QVC and I’m excited to watch In The Kitchen With David to learn more about everything it can do.
To learn more about In The Kitchen With David “Like” his Facebook Page where he offers helpful tips, show updates, and fun sweepstakes.
One reader of 2 Wired 2 Tired will win a KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer!
TO ENTER: Simply leave a comment below telling us you’d like to win.
One extra entry for each. Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow 2 Wired 2 Tired on Google Friend Connect (GFC) – it’s in the right sidebar.
- Follow 2 Wired 2 Tired on Twitter @2Wired2Tired
- Subscribe to 2 Wired 2 Tired by RSS or Email
- Add a link to our blog on your site (in blog roll etc.)
- Share this giveaway on another Giveaway Linky. Leave a link in the comments. Do this as many times as you’d like and get one entry for each link.
- Tweet this: I want to win a KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer from @2Wired2Tired! http://bit.ly/qjVQ1E Feel free to tweet daily, just be sure to leave a comment with a link letting me know you did so.
- Leave a NEW comment on as many other posts as you like and get one entry for each comment (entering another giveaway counts too). Be sure to let me know which ones you commented on below.
Giveaway Rules: Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 10th at 11:59 pm EST. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. All entries must have a valid email in blog profile or leave email address in comments. Winner will be chosen by the WordPress Plugin “And The Winner Is….”. I will notify the winner by email. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Winner will receive their prize directly from the company. Once winner is confirmed, this post will be updated with the winner’s name and winning entry.
This Giveaway Is Now Closed.
And The Winner Is…
Congratulations Jen! Your KitchenAid Mixer is on it’s way!
Thank you to everyone who entered and good luck next time!
Products were provided for review and giveaway. No compensation was received. The honest opinions are my own.