This post was written as a Microsoft Blogger. Items received. The honest opinions are my own.
Technology is supposed to make our life easier, right? Well, as I have gotten older, the holidays seem more and more stressful, even though technology keeps improving . . . Maybe I need to use some of these cool hacks for My Surface and Microsoft Band!
Whether you are baking, making a list (and checking it twice), designing holiday cards, or just catching up on some much needed sleep, these hacks can be your little helpers this Christmas!
Surface Pro 4 & Surface Book Hacks
- Use Cortana + Hello while baking: Allows for hands free cooking, keeping your Surface Pro 4 dough-free this holiday season
- Stress-free recipe swap: Share your favorite holiday recipes with family and friends in Microsoft Edge with Surface Pro 4 and Surface Pen. Have a sibling with a food allergy or a friend trying to cut calories? Write helpful tips and notes for substitutions or amounts right on the page with your Surface pen and share your best (healthy or not J) holiday recipes via email or social media or save to your OneNote.
- Thank you notes made easy: Let your kids pen thank-you notes on Surface Book using OneNote and Surface pen. Post the notes directly to loved ones’ Facebook wall or send via email easy-peasy.
- Easy gifting: Take the guesswork out of Santa’s gift list by letting kids circle exactly what they want right on the web page using Microsoft Edge on your Surface Pro 4. Do they want it in blue instead? They can make a note next to the item. Then just save to your favorites for later or send to yourself in email.
- Get the best deals: It’s always exciting when you know you’re getting the best deals, especially during the holidays. Cortana can help you find the best coupons while shopping online using Microsoft Edge on your Surface Pro 4. When you visit any of the 100 big-ticket retailers this season like Macy’s, Target, Toys ‘R’ Us and others, Cortana will alert you when coupons are available for additional discounts.
- Holiday Cards 2.0: Use Surface Book to design holiday greeting cards; perfect for the creative in your life.
- Enjoy the moment: A busy holiday season comes with a big to-do list and a lot to remember. Let Cortana keep you organized with her helpful reminders. Either say ‘Hey Cortana” or simply scribble down a note with your Surface Pro 4 pen and Cortana will remind you to pick up wrapping paper next time you’re at Target or to call your mom when you get home.
New Microsoft Band Hacks
- Sleep the stress away: Track the effects of post-holiday travel by sleeping with the new Microsoft Band; monitor sleep pattern changes and adjust for a better night’s rest amongst the holiday bustle.
- Silent night: Use the new Microsoft Band to wake up unnoticed, allowing you to leave surprises for your loved ones and keep the magic of the holidays alive!
- The family sledding class pass: Skip the gym this holiday to spend more time chasing your little ones up the sledding hill; track your non-traditional holiday workout with the new Microsoft Band. Holiday shopping at the mall, hanging lights on the house, it all counts when you’re wearing your new Microsoft Band.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4– Elevating everything people love about Surface Pro 3 into the thinnest, lightest and even more powerful Surface yet, Surface Pro 4 is the tablet that can replace your laptop. It boasts Windows 10, a stunning 12.3” HD display and performs wonders with the redesigned Surface Pro 4 Type Cover and Surface Pen, all in a beautifully designed premium magnesium casing. Starting at just $899, Surface Pro 4 is available through more than 110 Microsoft store locations, microsoftstore.com and select partner retailers.
Microsoft Surface Book– A do-it-all high-performance 13.5” Windows 10 laptop with killer built-in Surface Pen functionality that enables you to write on the screen in laptop or clipboard mode. Starting at $1,499, Surface Book is the ultimate laptop – built for creativity and graphics-heavy programs and tasks. Surface is available for purchase through more than 110 Microsoft store locations, microsoftstore.com and select partner retailers.
Microsoft Band 2– Kick off the holidays with a new fitness routine and the beautifully redesigned MicrosoftBand 2 with its curved display that makes it even more comfortable to wear. It’s fully integrated with aMicrosoft Health Windows 10 Universal App to track everything from your heartrate to sleep quality. Stay up-to-date with the latest text, email and app alerts, so you can live healthier. The new Microsoft Band is available for $249 through more than 110 Microsoft store locations, microsoftstore.com and select partner retailers.