With the weather finally warming up, I’ve been day dreaming about travel. I’d love to pack up the family and head out of town for vacation. I have been browsing online for ideas and that’s I was excited when an email recently landed in my inbox full of all kinds of fun family spring break travel ideas, packages, and deals.
This are a lot of options here with something for every family. I had fun checking everything out and couldn’t wait to share it with you. Happy planning!
Paradisus Resorts – Cancun, Playa del Carmen & Punta Cana
Guests enjoy a uniquely encompassing experience of undisturbed tranquility and carefree exhilaration in extraordinary oceanfront locations in Mexico and Dominican Republic. At the heart of it all is an extraordinary level of luxurious all-suite accommodations enhanced by discreetly attentive, personalized service that caters to every whim, wish and desire.
- For Family Spring Breakers:
o Paradisus Palma Real has brand new Family Concierge suites. These suites include a private butler who can coordinate all activities for both parents and children. The family concierge package also features in suite spa services for the little ones, children’s mini-bathrobes and slippers, a children’s bathroom amenities kit, children’s towels, children’s pillows, a daily stocked minibar that includes children’s drinks and turn-down service with milk and cookies.
o Kids Stay Free Promotion: Paradisus sees luxury thorough a family’s eyes, which is why they provide what a family needs for a perfect vacation… a world-class family experience in which kids are free – up to 2 per suite – in the world’s most luxurious all-inclusive surroundings.
Occidental Grand Xcaret – Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tucked within an ecological and historical preserve, the Riviera Maya all-inclusive resort Occidental Grand Xcaret captivates guests with spectacular grounds, a pristine coastline and unparalleled service and amenities. Located adjacent to the spectacular, breathtaking natural wonder of the eco-archeological Xcaret Park in the heart of Riviera Maya, this glorious resort boasts winding river channels, free-form pools and a private beach with powder-soft white sand on a quiet cove..
- For Family Spring Breakers
o Occidental Grand Xcaret also features 11 international restaurants that can fit every mood and occasion, from a romantic dinner to a lively family meal.
o There are a wide variety of family activities at the resorts including archery, mini golf, tennis and volleyball, dance classes, aerobics, ping pong, shuffle board and a supervised Kids Club.
- Special Offers
o The Unlimited Xcaret Xperience package gives guests unlimited all day access to the eco-archeological Xcaret Park for the duration of their stay. Enjoy access to more than 40 cultural attractions and exhibits at the world renowned Xcaret Park, providing infinite fun for the whole family in the comfort of an extraordinary all-inclusive resort.
o Unlimited Xcaret Xperience Exclusive Benefits include:
- VIP hotel check-in with Mayan Welcome
- Unlimited reservations during the whole stay at all specialty restaurants*
- In-room robes and slippers during the whole stay
- Complimentary mini-bar (daily refill)
- All day unlimited access and multi-entrance Xcaret park
- Reserved area seating at the Gran Tlachco Theater during the “Xcaret México Espectacular” show
- Complimentary access to the “Xiquitos Soñando” kids activity supervised by the Kids Club staff
- Free delivery to room of purchases made at any Xcaret Park store
- 10% off on meals and beverages at Xcaret park
- 30% off 90-minute “WAYAK” Special Mayan Massage
The James Chicago – Chicago, IL
Chicago in the spring offers an extensive list of free activities and events for adults and families with kids of all ages – from the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Chicago Cultural Center to Millennium Park, adventure awaits. Conveniently located downtown, steps from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, The James Chicago features an array of room types and packages for the leisure adult or family traveler.
- Family Spring Breakers: Keeping kids entertained throughout a spring break sojourn isn’t a challenge with the lil’ james program. The kid-friendly program offers special services to families including a welcome amenity, a design your own yoyo or postcard kit, from product partner, Seedling, and information on an array of nearby activities and events.
- Families traveling to Chicago can book the lil’ james family adventurer package, curated for parents interested in the city’s top cultural attractions. The package includes tickets to the Chicago Children’s Museum at Navy Pier, milk and cookie turndown service and full access to the lil’ james family amenity program available via the concierge desk.
- The Spa by ASHA is offering two special spa treatments for kids to be pampered, just like mom & dad!
- Pure-Fume Aroma, $45 – Kids can go on a sensory journey experience by building their own customized Pure-Fume Aroma
- Banana Split Facial, $85 –Cleanse with the essence of refreshing strawberry, mask in soothing banana, exfoliate with a chocolate scrub and massage with moisturizing vanilla.
o Spring break rates begin at $219/night
Conrad New York – Lower Manhattan
As one of the anchor properties in Lower Manhattan, the Conrad New York is a contemporary, all-suite luxury hotel located in the heart of Battery Park City. The hotel is steps away from the 9/11 Memorial, 1 WTC and the new high-end shopping destination – Brookfield Place – set to open in Spring 2015 featuring Hermes, Zegna, Salvatore Ferragamo, Calypso St. Barth, and more. The hotel boasts 463 guestrooms outfitted with integrated technology, flat-screen televisions and individual climate control, as well other innovative in-room amenities. Guests are greeted by a colorful 15-story Sol LeWitt installation in the lobby called ‘Loopy Doopy,’ and can also browse the hotel’s impressive collection of original art pieces throughout public spaces and guestrooms.
- Family Spring Breakers can book the Family-Fun Package: This package-for-four includes luxurious Suite accommodations with a Sleeper Sofa, Continental Breakfast for 2 Adults and 2 Kids Daily, 4 NY Water Taxi “Hop On/Hop Off” Bus and Boat Tour Passes, 4 General Admission tickets to the Children’s Museum of the Arts, complimentary WiFi access and daily self-parking
- Spring rates starting at $269 per room per night
What about you? Which family spring break travel ideas sound like something you would enjoy?