Whenever we have a family get together in the Summer one of my mom’s favorite dishes to bring is Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips. She chops all the fruit and makes the cinnamon chips by hand. It’s such an amazing dish that it’s usually gone within minutes. We enjoy it so much I thought I’d share the recipe!
Irresitable Fruit Salsa & Crispy Cinnamon Chips
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, mix strawberries, raspberries, kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and jam. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Using pizza cutter, slice tortillas into triangles. Spray each side of tortilla triangles with butter flavored cooking spray. Place triangles into a ziploc bag with the 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar. Shake the bag to evenly coat.
- Arrange triangles in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool on wire rack or counter top for 15 minutes at least.
- Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges.
- Serve with chilled fruit salsa.