Father’s Day is right around the corner and I’ve been planning a fun cookout, that’s why I’m excited to share these Creative & Delicious Father’s Day Recipes.
This post is sponsored by Butterball.
With Father’s Day around the corner, it’s time to start menu planning. Having a meal together, a backyard barbecue, or a lakeside picnic is a fun way to celebrate dads and making sure you have dishes dad loves is a top priority. That’s why I’m excited about the creative and delicious Father’s Day recipes below.
I was looking for something unique and different for Father’s Day this year. Dave enjoys both burgers and BLT’s so I was thrilled to find this BLT Turkey Burger in the Butterball Cookbook Plus app. It’s a great combination of both and surprisingly easily to make too.
BLT Turkey Burger
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 BUTTERBALL® Original Seasoned Frozen Turkey Burgers
- 4 slices (1/2ounce each) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 slices red onion (about 1/8-inch thick)
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 slices
- 4 slices BUTTERBALL® Turkey Bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Combine mayonnaise, honey, chipotle pepper sauce and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for broiling or on pre-heated grill.
- When burgers are cooked, top each with 1 slice cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Spread 1-1/2teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of each roll. Layer each bottom half with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce, 1 slice onion and 1 slice tomato. Top each with cheese-topped burger, 2 slices avocado and 2 turkey bacon pieces. Cover each with top of roll.
Doesn’t that sound delicious?!
Next up, I wanted to find an even more creative recipe that combines more of Dave’s favorite things and when I came across the Grilled Salsa Turkey Burgers in the Butterball Cookbook Plus app I knew they would be a big hit.
Grilled Salsa Turkey Burgers
- 1 package (16 ounces) BUTTERBALL® Fresh Ground Turkey
- ¼ cup mild or medium salsa
- ¼ cup crushed baked tortilla chips
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Green leaf lettuce
- Additional salsa (optional)
- Lightly coat grill with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Combine turkey, 1/4cupsalsa and chips in medium bowl; mix lightly. Form 4 (3/4 – inch thick) patties.
- Grill over medium-high heat about 6minutes per side or until no longer pink and center of burgers reaches 165°F as measured with meat thermometer. Top with cheese, if desired, during last 2 minutes of grilling. Toast buns on grill, cut sides down, during last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Place lettuce on bottom half of each hamburger bun. Add cheese-topped burger and additional salsa, if desired. Cover each with top half of bun.
Tortilla chips and salsa mixed in with the meat? Yum! It’s like a party in a burger!
Then I thought I’d include a recipe that everyone would enjoy and you can’t go wrong with pasta salad. So when I saw the Mediterranean Turkey Pasta Salad on the Butterball Cookbook Plus app,, I knew Dave and everyone else at our cookout would be eager to dig in to this flavorful dish.
Mediterranean Turkey Pasta Salad
- 1- ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cups diced leftover cooked BUTTERBALL® Turkey
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pitted kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- 1 container (10 ounces) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) spring salad mix
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic and oregano in small bowl until well blended.
- Combine turkey, pasta, olives, tomatoes, cheese, salad greens, parsley and red onions in large salad bowl. Gently toss with dressing. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
This sounds incredible and I might make it before Father’s Day so we can enjoy it before the big day!
I mentioned that I found these recipes in the Butterball Cookbook Plus app, it’s one of my new favorite apps because there are so many fantastic recipes and features.
It also takes the stress out of menu planning, you can scroll through a wide variety of recipes with wonderful photos from the comfort of your couch. Simply tap on the recipes you are interested in and you are ready to get cooking, baking, or grilling in a matter of minutes.
Right now they are featuring a great grilling collection – full of recipes that are perfect for Father’s Day!
You can download the Butterball Cookbook Plus for free for in the App Store or in the Google Play Store. After browsing through and finding the delicious recipes above, I think we also will make the Spicy Grilled Corn for Father’s Day too. It looks fantastic and it’s got a great corn on the cob hack that I can’t wait to try!
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: