With winter weather going strong here in Michigan, I’ve been daydreaming a lot about spring break vacations. Packing up our suitcases and jumping on an airplane to enjoy warm weather, sunshine, and sand sounds marvelous. While I enjoy spending a lot of time on the beach when we travel I also like to go on excursions, do some sightseeing, learn about the history of the area, as well as participate in memorable activities.
That’s why I’m excited to share this list of fun things to do in Cancun.
It includes surprising excursions, thrilling activities and unmatched experiences. There is so much to see and do that you can experience the unexpected this spring break in Cancun and elevate your vacation to a trip of a lifetime.
You’ll see there’s something for everyone in Cancun. Read on and Pin this post full of fantastic ideas, actvities, and experiences. Have fun daydreaming and trip planning!
- Pick your favorite Lamborghini or Ferrari and speed away at Exotic Rides.
- Zip line over the turquoise waters of Isla Mujeres in Garrafon Park.
- Swim with sailfish, the fastest fish in the world, in Cancun’s waters until June.
- Bungee jump into the Caribbean with Adventure Bay.
- Ride the waters of Cancun with JetSurf Mexico.
- Take a trip north to Isla Blanca and learn to kite board.
- Snorkel in the underground rivers of the Yucatan with Rio Secreto.
- Explore cenotes with Xenotes Oasis Maya.
- Explore the beauty and charm of Isla Mujeres – a 30 minute ferry ride from mainland Cancun.
- Explore Isla Holbox, part of the Yum-Balam Biosphere Reserve and home to hundreds of bird species.
- Try the tasting menu at Le Chique at Azul Sensatori, the newest restaurant in Cancun to receive the coveted AAA Five Diamond award.
- Check out the underground wine cellar at Xcaret for a taste of some of Mexico’s best wines.
- Sample regional Yucatecan cuisine – a mix of Spanish, Mexican and indigenous cuisine – at La Habichuela.
- Visit Puerto Morelos, a local fishing village south of Cancun, for some of the freshest seafood and for a photo at their famous tilted lighthouse.
- Visit and climb Coba, the tallest Mayan pyramid in the Yucatan with Alltournative.
- Explore Tulum, the only seaside Mayan archeological site.
- Visit the Cancun Maya Museum.
- Enjoy the fun of Xoximilco Cancun, a replica of the Xochimilco neighborhood in Mexico City, featuring trajinera canal rides, local food, drink and live music from every region of Mexico.
With Cancun’s time zone change to Eastern Standard Time in effect since February 1, visitors can now enjoy one more hour of sunlight each day to experience as much of Cancun as possible and have a spring break to remember for years.
Learn more by visiting the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau website and following them on social media.
What about you? What is your favorite activity or experience in Cancun?